- Khloe Kardashian Addresses Rumors That She’s Pregnant With Tristan Thompson’s Baby
- Tristan Thompson Reveals His Biggest Concern in Resuming NBA Season
- Former Cavs Big Man Says LeBron James, Not Michael Jordan, Should Be No. 1 in ESPN Player Rankings
- Report: Cavs Could Go After Josh Jackson, Derrick Jones Jr. and Harry Giles in Free Agency
- Phil Handy Reveals Fans Would Be ‘Shocked’ From Footage of 2016 Cavs Documentary
- Larry Nance Jr. and His Dad Have Been Having Constant Michael Jordan vs. LeBron James Debates
- Larry Nance Jr. Says NBA Needs to Crown Champion This Season
- Report: Majority of NBA Players Eliminated From Playoff Contention Want Regular Season Cancelled
- Report: Larry Nance Jr. Eager to ‘Play Anywhere’ as Long as Season Resumes
- Jayson Tatum Admits He Watches His Famous Dunk Over LeBron James Every Single Day
Report: Cavs Expected to Go After College Head Coaches in Search of Replacement
- Updated: April 11, 2019
The wide-ranging search will include assistant coaches throughout the NBA, but the Cavs are prepared to survey the college scene according to ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski.
Cleveland is expected to examine the college head coaching ranks too, sources said. Player development will likely be one of the premium factors in the hiring process. https://t.co/P25jhxxxeV
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) April 11, 2019
Whether or not the Cavs have anyone specific in mind remains unclear. As Wojnarowski notes, player development will be a major factor in the hiring process. That makes perfect sense considering where the Cavs are right now.
Not to mention, the Cavaliers are bound for a high draft pick in June. The NBA draft lottery takes place on May 14 and at that point, we’ll have a better idea of who the Cavs might select with their pick.
Regardless, developing that high draft pick into a legitimate franchise cornerstone could make or break the team’s future. Zion Williamson, Ja Morant, and R.J. Barrett are three guys with superstar potential. But no matter who the Cavs select, the new coach will have the responsibility of molding him into a stud.