- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Report: Cavs Expected to Go After College Head Coaches in Search of Replacement
- Updated: April 11, 2019
The wide-ranging search will include assistant coaches throughout the NBA, but the Cavs are prepared to survey the college scene according to ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski.
Cleveland is expected to examine the college head coaching ranks too, sources said. Player development will likely be one of the premium factors in the hiring process. https://t.co/P25jhxxxeV
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) April 11, 2019
Whether or not the Cavs have anyone specific in mind remains unclear. As Wojnarowski notes, player development will be a major factor in the hiring process. That makes perfect sense considering where the Cavs are right now.
Not to mention, the Cavaliers are bound for a high draft pick in June. The NBA draft lottery takes place on May 14 and at that point, we’ll have a better idea of who the Cavs might select with their pick.
Regardless, developing that high draft pick into a legitimate franchise cornerstone could make or break the team’s future. Zion Williamson, Ja Morant, and R.J. Barrett are three guys with superstar potential. But no matter who the Cavs select, the new coach will have the responsibility of molding him into a stud.