- Larry Nance Jr. responds with jubilation that Cavs and Tristan Thompson have ‘mutual interest’
- Koby Altman opens up on what Cavs plan to do with No. 5 overall pick
- Ja Morant insinuates missed dunk over Kevin Love would have been best of all time
- Disturbing photos emerge of Delonte West begging for money in Dallas
- Photos leaked of ‘hulked up’ Collin Sexton from Cavs minicamp
- Kevin Garnett schools LeBron James fans ‘who don’t know s–t’ about Cavs’ 2010 playoff collapse
- Report: Cavs source identifies several improvements in Darius Garland’s game
- Report: Cavs internally comparing Collin Sexton to Donovan Mitchell and Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Cavs will look for ‘defensive-minded players’ in NBA free agency
- Report: Cavs confidently view J.B. Bickerstaff as ‘head coach of the future’
Report: Cavs Expected to Go After College Head Coaches in Search of Replacement
- Updated: April 11, 2019
The wide-ranging search will include assistant coaches throughout the NBA, but the Cavs are prepared to survey the college scene according to ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski.
Cleveland is expected to examine the college head coaching ranks too, sources said. Player development will likely be one of the premium factors in the hiring process. https://t.co/P25jhxxxeV
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) April 11, 2019
Whether or not the Cavs have anyone specific in mind remains unclear. As Wojnarowski notes, player development will be a major factor in the hiring process. That makes perfect sense considering where the Cavs are right now.
Not to mention, the Cavaliers are bound for a high draft pick in June. The NBA draft lottery takes place on May 14 and at that point, we’ll have a better idea of who the Cavs might select with their pick.
Regardless, developing that high draft pick into a legitimate franchise cornerstone could make or break the team’s future. Zion Williamson, Ja Morant, and R.J. Barrett are three guys with superstar potential. But no matter who the Cavs select, the new coach will have the responsibility of molding him into a stud.