- Luka Doncic Pays Cedi Osman Ultimate Compliment After Rising Stars Challenge
- LeBron James Reveals Why Kyrie Irving’s Recent Phone Call Meant So Much to Him
- Rodney Hood Explains Why Playing in Cleveland Was So Rough Last Season
- Report: Former Cavs GM to Be ‘Likely Target’ in New Orleans Pelicans’ Search
- LeBron James Offers Huge Praise for Zion Williamson
- Report: Dan Gilbert Talked to Certain Cavs Players After Wednesday’s Loss to Brooklyn Nets
- Collin Sexton Takes Slight Jab at New York Knicks’ Kevin Knox
- Cavs Teammates Rave About ‘Hotheaded’ Marquese Chriss
- Scottie Pippen Takes Huge Shot at LeBron James in Comparison to Kobe Bryant
- Report: Cavs ‘Furious’ About Officiating Following Triple-Overtime Loss
Video: Richard Jefferson Roasts Boston Celtics Fans With Reminder About Playoffs
- Updated: January 15, 2019
However, he hasn’t forgotten the rivalries his different teams had with the Boston Celtics during his 17 years as an NBA player, delivering a stinging rebuke to some Celtics fans after having praised them.
RJ had to remind Celtics fans real quick 😂
(via regular_guy100/Instagram) pic.twitter.com/Seyfe58jek
— Bleacher Report NBA (@BR_NBA) January 15, 2019
He spent the first seven seasons of his lengthy career with the Nets, who were based in New Jersey at the time. During his first two years, the Nets defeated the Celtics 4-2 in the 2002 Eastern Conference finals and then swept them in the conference semifinals the following year.
During the tail end of his career, Jefferson’s second season with the Cavaliers in 2016-17 once again put him on the winning side when the Cavs defeated the Celtics in five games to win the Eastern Conference title. During the Cavaliers’ 2017 training camp, he was traded away and ended his career by playing 20 games last year in Denver.
Jefferson managed to play in 1,181 regular season games, averaging 12.6 points, 4.0 rebounds and 2.0 assists. Besides his contributions on the court, his popularity with teammates and fans because of his personable nature made his transition to broadcasting easily understandable.