- Report: Cavs Would ‘Gladly’ Trade for Gordon Hayward This Offseason
- Report: Kyrie Irving Was ‘Strange’ and ‘Angry’ After Winning 2016 NBA Championship
- LeBron James Again Named One of Time’s 100 Most Influential People
- Charles Barkley Roasts Shaquille O’Neal for His Miserable Tenure on Cavs
- Report: Cavs Have Compiled List of Potential Suitors for J.R. Smith
- Report: There Were Weeks Where LeBron’s Agent and David Griffin ‘Drove Each Other Nuts’
- Collin Sexton Sends Special Thanks to Cavs Organization, Teammates and Fans
- LeBron James’ Former Cavs Coach Calls Him a ‘Coach Killer’
- Zion Williamson Officially Declares for 2019 NBA Draft With Epic Video
- Report: Several Executives Couldn’t Believe Cavs Thought They Were Going to Make Playoffs
Kevin Durant Doesn’t Include LeBron James in His Top 5 Players of All Time List
- Updated: April 5, 2019
Despite the greatness Los Angeles forward LeBron James has portrayed in the last few years, Golden State Warriors star Kevin Durant doesn’t believe the four-time MVP is a top five NBA player of all time.
— Darius Miles (@21Blackking) April 3, 2019
Durant, 30, listed Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Shaquille O’Neal, Hakeem Olajuwon and Magic Johnson as the five best players to ever hit the hardwood. While all the greats on that list are spectacular, it’s hard to defend James not being on the same level as those superstars.
As a matter of fact, many people around the league already view James as the best player ever. For Durant not to give the Cleveland Cavaliers icon a spot on the list is preposterous and puzzling. In fact, Durant’s teammate Stephen Curry recently revealed that the Lakers juggernaut is in his top five.
Over the course of his career, James has averaged 27.2 points, 7.4 rebounds and 7.2 assists per game. On top of that, the veteran has earned three championships and three Finals MVP awards while going to the NBA Finals for eight straight years.