- Report: LeBron James Called Rob Pelinka to Vouch for and Recruit Former Cavs Teammate
- Jordan Clarkson Sings Praises for NBA in Reaction to Russell Westbrook Trade
- Cavs Head Coach John Beilein Reveals Why Dylan Windler Will Succeed in NBA
- Former Cavs Teammate Discusses Kyrie Irving’s Personality: He’s ‘Misunderstood’
- Report: Cleveland Cavaliers Could Be Involved in Russell Westbrook Trade With Miami Heat
- Report: Kevin Porter Jr. to Give Cavs ‘Rare’ Discount on Rookie Contract
- Richard Jefferson Asks Kevin Love for Pictures of His Girlfriend Kate Bock
- Larry Nance Jr. ‘Happy as Hell’ With Cavs’ Offseason, Expects to Be ‘Problem’ for Opponents
- Former Cavs Player Outraged After ESPN Analysts Count Out LeBron James and Lakers
- Here’s What the Portland Trail Blazers Could Offer in a Trade for Kevin Love
Report: Kyrie Irving to Miss Tuesday Night’s Game vs. Cavs
- Updated: March 25, 2019
Just one day after former Cleveland Cavaliers star point guard Kyrie Irving stated that returning to Cleveland means nothing to him, it was reported that he will be out versus his former team in Tuesday night’s tilt.
— Chris Fedor (@ChrisFedor) March 25, 2019
It was also pointed out that Irving missed both games against his former squad this season, and actually has not played against the Cavs since opening night of last season.
Kyrie will have missed both games in Cleveland this season and, I believed, STILL hasn’t played in a game at The Q since opening night of 2017-18 season https://t.co/tcAEGzvuYH
— Joe Vardon (@joevardon) March 25, 2019
It’s quite possible that the Boston Celtics have opted to rest their mercurial star as the postseason nears, but an undeniable trend is starting to form.
Whether it is Irving who simply does not want to face off against the Cavs or his coaches that want to reduce the number of distractions for Irving, it definitely appears that there is some kind of reluctance of having the All-Star guard face off against his former team.
As for the Cavs, after dropping the last two games, they will look to get back on track and continue the relative success they have enjoyed since the All-Star break.
A win over the Celtics would be a great consolation prize for what has been a fairly disappointing season.