- Report: Cavs have begun exploring trade options for JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs offer major update on when Darius Garland and Collin Sexton could return
- Andre Drummond offers powerful message of support after Kevin Porter Jr. rejoins Cavs
- Former Cavs big man emphatically predicts team will trade Andre Drummond
- Report: Cavs-Wizards matchups on Sunday and Monday postponed due to COVID-19
- Report: Cavs received calls for Andre Drummond and JaVale McGee in aftermath of Jarrett Allen trade
- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
Larry Nance Jr. Shouts Out Ja Morant After Impressive March Madness Debut
- Updated: March 21, 2019
One player who caught Nance’s attention was Murray State University guard Ja Morant, who delivered a rousing debut in the NCAA tournament on Thursday.
Morant is ridiculous man..
Nance’s response to Morant’s performance is an understatement. Morant’s triple-double effort helped lead 12th-seeded Murray State to an 83-64 upset win over fifth-seeded Marquette University.
Morant scored 17 points, dished out an eye-popping 16 assists and also grabbed 11 rebounds in the first round of the tournament.
The performance offered a strong example of why Morant is expected to be a high lottery pick in June’s NBA draft. That’s despite some criticism that the level of competition he has faced serves as the reason for his season averages of 24.6 points, 10.0 assists, and 5.5 rebounds per game.
His lottery pick status puts him in contention to be selected by the Cavaliers, who are all but guaranteed to be picking near the top of the draft this spring. If the Cavs were to select Morant, their backcourt of Morant and Collin Sexton would likely be one of the best young duos in the league.
The Murray State win advances Morant’s Racers into the second round of the tournament, where they’ll face the the fourth-seeded Florida State University Seminoles. Nance figures to check out that game as well.