- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
- Video: Cavs big man seen getting schooled by WNBA star in 1-on-1 matchup
Cavs News: Cavaliers to Have All Players Ready for Start of Training Camp
- Updated: September 21, 2015
It looks like the Cleveland Cavaliers will have the whole band back together by the time training camp starts.
Chris Haynes of Northeast Ohio Media Group reports that Kevin Love, Kyrie Irving, Anderson Varejao and Timofey Mozgov will all be ready for the start of training camp on September 29th. All four players are recovering from surgery.
In the cases of Love and Irving, both players will be active during camp, but on a “limited” basis, as Haynes mentions in the article:
“Irving (fractured knee cap) and Love (separated shoulder) will be active during camp, but on a limited basis. The Cavaliers will work the two in slowly and cautiously. The anticipation is that Love will be fully cleared with no limitations before Irving is given the green light, I’m told.”
Love has been limited to non-contact drills on the court thus far, while Irving has been coy about the type of training he’s been doing since undergoing surgery for a fractured left knee cap.
In regards to Mozgov (knee scope) and Varejao (Achilles tendon tear), both aren’t expected to be restricted once camp opens. However, both players will be closely monitored by the team throughout camp.
With the Cavaliers expected to make yet another run at the championship in 2016, the team is taking every caution necessary with their star players.