- Report: Cavs-Wizards matchups on Sunday and Monday postponed due to COVID-19
- Report: Cavs received calls for Andre Drummond and JaVale McGee in aftermath of Jarrett Allen trade
- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
Cavs News: Cavaliers to Have All Players Ready for Start of Training Camp
- Updated: September 21, 2015
It looks like the Cleveland Cavaliers will have the whole band back together by the time training camp starts.
Chris Haynes of Northeast Ohio Media Group reports that Kevin Love, Kyrie Irving, Anderson Varejao and Timofey Mozgov will all be ready for the start of training camp on September 29th. All four players are recovering from surgery.
In the cases of Love and Irving, both players will be active during camp, but on a “limited” basis, as Haynes mentions in the article:
“Irving (fractured knee cap) and Love (separated shoulder) will be active during camp, but on a limited basis. The Cavaliers will work the two in slowly and cautiously. The anticipation is that Love will be fully cleared with no limitations before Irving is given the green light, I’m told.”
Love has been limited to non-contact drills on the court thus far, while Irving has been coy about the type of training he’s been doing since undergoing surgery for a fractured left knee cap.
In regards to Mozgov (knee scope) and Varejao (Achilles tendon tear), both aren’t expected to be restricted once camp opens. However, both players will be closely monitored by the team throughout camp.
With the Cavaliers expected to make yet another run at the championship in 2016, the team is taking every caution necessary with their star players.