- Report: Cavs Player Quips That ‘Cleveland Ages Coaches Quickly’
- Kevin Love Criticizes Cavs, Indicates Teammates Are Not Comfortable With Offense
- John Beilein ‘Not Flinching’ in Face of Latest Cavs Blowout Loss
- Report: Dylan Windler to Play With Canton Charge, Cavs Debut on Horizon
- Cavs News: John Henson to Return for Tuesday’s Matchup vs. Pistons
- Khloé Kardashian Says Lavish Gifts From Tristan Thompson Won’t ‘Fix Everything’
- Report: Cavs Still Committed to Darius Garland-Collin Sexton Combination
- Cavs News: Rookie Dylan Windler on Verge of NBA Debut
- Report: Tristan Thompson, Cavs Haven’t Discussed Extension Despite Him Being Top Target to Retain
- Report: Cavs’ John Beilein ‘Aspires’ to Create Culture Similar to Miami Heat’s
Cavs News: Cavaliers to Have All Players Ready for Start of Training Camp
- Updated: September 21, 2015
It looks like the Cleveland Cavaliers will have the whole band back together by the time training camp starts.
Chris Haynes of Northeast Ohio Media Group reports that Kevin Love, Kyrie Irving, Anderson Varejao and Timofey Mozgov will all be ready for the start of training camp on September 29th. All four players are recovering from surgery.
In the cases of Love and Irving, both players will be active during camp, but on a “limited” basis, as Haynes mentions in the article:
“Irving (fractured knee cap) and Love (separated shoulder) will be active during camp, but on a limited basis. The Cavaliers will work the two in slowly and cautiously. The anticipation is that Love will be fully cleared with no limitations before Irving is given the green light, I’m told.”
Love has been limited to non-contact drills on the court thus far, while Irving has been coy about the type of training he’s been doing since undergoing surgery for a fractured left knee cap.
In regards to Mozgov (knee scope) and Varejao (Achilles tendon tear), both aren’t expected to be restricted once camp opens. However, both players will be closely monitored by the team throughout camp.
With the Cavaliers expected to make yet another run at the championship in 2016, the team is taking every caution necessary with their star players.