- Report: Cavs Would ‘Gladly’ Trade for Gordon Hayward This Offseason
- Report: Kyrie Irving Was ‘Strange’ and ‘Angry’ After Winning 2016 NBA Championship
- LeBron James Again Named One of Time’s 100 Most Influential People
- Charles Barkley Roasts Shaquille O’Neal for His Miserable Tenure on Cavs
- Report: Cavs Have Compiled List of Potential Suitors for J.R. Smith
- Report: There Were Weeks Where LeBron’s Agent and David Griffin ‘Drove Each Other Nuts’
- Collin Sexton Sends Special Thanks to Cavs Organization, Teammates and Fans
- LeBron James’ Former Cavs Coach Calls Him a ‘Coach Killer’
- Zion Williamson Officially Declares for 2019 NBA Draft With Epic Video
- Report: Several Executives Couldn’t Believe Cavs Thought They Were Going to Make Playoffs
Collin Sexton Says Teammates Would ‘Scream and Yell’ at Him for Not Shooting 3-Pointers
- Updated: March 21, 2019
Cleveland Cavaliers rookie point guard Collin Sexton is having a very efficient month of March. After struggling with shooting efficiency in much of his rookie season, the 20-year old Sexton has excelled in recent weeks.
According to the streaky guard, the change in efficiency is due in part to the antics of his teammates.
After teammates berated him for taking too many midrange jump shots, Sexton increased his volume from beyond the arc.
— Spencer Davies (@SpinDavies) March 21, 2019
“My teammates, they scream and yell at me for pump faking and taking one dribble and shooting a midrange,” Sexton explained after the Cavs victory on Wednesday over the Milwaukee Bucks. “They scream and yell at me, so I was like ‘I might as well just start shooting (3-pointers).’ I practice on it, I might as well shoot it.”
March has been Sexton’s most efficient month in his rookie campaign. He’s shooting 51.9 percent from the field and 50.0 percent from beyond the arc, which marks a huge improvement compared to previous months this season.
Sexton is also averaging 5.6 three-point attempts per game in March, which is much more than he averaged earlier in his rookie year.
As a result, the speedy young guard has an exceptional 64.4 true-shooting percentage in March.