- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Kevin Love Told Cavs Teammates Not to ‘F— This Up’ During Last Night’s Game
- Updated: February 24, 2019
As he left the game, he apparently offered some pointed advice to his teammates, who went on to defeat the Memphis Grizzlies, 112-107.
Following the game, Love explained what he told those teammates when he left midway through the final period:
“I said, ‘That’s all I got tonight, so don’t F this up.’”
Regardless of whether or not the remark was said in a joking fashion, the rebuilding Cavaliers followed his advice to come away with their second-straight win.
Love was playing in only his fourth contest since returning from a toe injury and surgery that had forced him to miss 50 games. He’s been under a minutes restriction to ease him back into the lineup, with Saturday’s game limiting him to 25 minutes.
In truth, Love went slightly over that amount, playing for 26 minutes. However, during that time on the court, he delivered the type of game that was standard prior to his injury. The veteran notched a double-double with 32 points and 12 rebounds, including six 3-point baskets.
In addition, he played during the fourth quarter for the first time since returning to action.
Love had previously indicated that he wasn’t planning to sit out any more games for the remainder of the season. The Cavaliers will next be in action on Monday night, when they host the Portland Trail Blazers.