- Report: Cavs Add Levi Randolph and Malik Newman to Training Camp Roster
- Larry Nance Jr. Backs LeBron James Against Criticism From Skip Bayless
- Larry Nance Jr. Roasts Cavs Rookie Dylan Windler on Social Media
- 2-Time All-Star Raves About Cavs Rookie Kevin Porter Jr.
- Video: Kevin Love Celebrates With C.J. McCollum Over Contract Extension With Portland Trail Blazers
- Patrick Beverley Congratulates Sindarius Thornwell After Signing With Cavs
- Report: Cleveland Cavaliers Sign Sindarius Thornwell to One-Year Deal
- Richard Jefferson Says 2016 Cavs Were ‘Dysfunctional’
- Report: 3 Players That Could Fill Remaining Roster Spot for Cavs
- Former Cavs Player Rips Dan Gilbert and David Griffin Following Griffin’s Recent Comments
Kevin Love Told Cavs Teammates Not to ‘F— This Up’ During Last Night’s Game
- Updated: February 24, 2019
As he left the game, he apparently offered some pointed advice to his teammates, who went on to defeat the Memphis Grizzlies, 112-107.
Following the game, Love explained what he told those teammates when he left midway through the final period:
“I said, ‘That’s all I got tonight, so don’t F this up.’”
Regardless of whether or not the remark was said in a joking fashion, the rebuilding Cavaliers followed his advice to come away with their second-straight win.
Love was playing in only his fourth contest since returning from a toe injury and surgery that had forced him to miss 50 games. He’s been under a minutes restriction to ease him back into the lineup, with Saturday’s game limiting him to 25 minutes.
In truth, Love went slightly over that amount, playing for 26 minutes. However, during that time on the court, he delivered the type of game that was standard prior to his injury. The veteran notched a double-double with 32 points and 12 rebounds, including six 3-point baskets.
In addition, he played during the fourth quarter for the first time since returning to action.
Love had previously indicated that he wasn’t planning to sit out any more games for the remainder of the season. The Cavaliers will next be in action on Monday night, when they host the Portland Trail Blazers.