- Larry Nance Jr. Backs LeBron James Against Criticism From Skip Bayless
- Larry Nance Jr. Roasts Cavs Rookie Dylan Windler on Social Media
- 2-Time All-Star Raves About Cavs Rookie Kevin Porter Jr.
- Video: Kevin Love Celebrates With C.J. McCollum Over Contract Extension With Portland Trail Blazers
- Patrick Beverley Congratulates Sindarius Thornwell After Signing With Cavs
- Report: Cleveland Cavaliers Sign Sindarius Thornwell to One-Year Deal
- Richard Jefferson Says 2016 Cavs Were ‘Dysfunctional’
- Report: 3 Players That Could Fill Remaining Roster Spot for Cavs
- Former Cavs Player Rips Dan Gilbert and David Griffin Following Griffin’s Recent Comments
- David Griffin Says LeBron James Isn’t ‘Same Animal Anymore About Winning’
Report: Cavs Release Huge Update Regarding Kevin Love’s Return
- Updated: February 8, 2019
If the 11-year veteran does play in the contest, it would mark the first time since Oct. 24 that he’s been able to take the court in an actual game.
Kevin Love may play tonight. He has only played four games all year
— Joe Vardon (@joevardon) February 8, 2019
— Chris Fedor (@ChrisFedor) February 8, 2019
Love played in the Cavaliers’ first four games this season before undergoing toe surgery on Nov. 2. The original time frame for him to return was sometime in January, but those expectations were eventually pushed back.
The injury by Love took place during the team’s training camp and resulted in him sitting out all five of the Cavaliers’ preseason contests. When the regular season began, Love’s main statistical numbers appeared to show no problem, with the veteran averaging 19.0 points, 13.5 rebounds and 3.5 assists per game.
However, a steep drop in his shooting percentages of 32.3 percent from the field and 29.2 percent from beyond the arc indicated that a problem existed.
The Cavaliers dropped all four of the games that Love played in and have long since fallen out of playoff contention with an 11-43 record. If Love doesn’t play against the Wizards, he could see action in the Cavs’ Saturday night road game against the Indiana Pacers or Monday night home clash against the New York Knicks.