- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
- Video: Cavs big man seen getting schooled by WNBA star in 1-on-1 matchup
Sources Reveal Exactly When LeBron James Is Expected to Make a Decision
- Updated: July 1, 2018
Determining exactly where LeBron James will play for the 2018-19 NBA season is still uncertain, with no specific time frame established for the announcement of that decision. However, the choice is likely to come within the next few days according to a Cleveland-based writer for the Associated Press. One member of the media even went as far as to mention the exact day that fans can expect the King’s decision.
Told LeBron will not drag this out, he has all the information he needs.
— Tom Withers (@twithersAP) July 1, 2018
LeBron has made his decision & informed those close to him. Expect the official announcement Tuesday morning.
— nick wright (@getnickwright) July 1, 2018
— Dave McMenamin (@mcten) July 1, 2018
There’s no indication exactly what was involved with that discussion. It’s possible that it may have just been an effort by James’ agent to quell rampant ESPN speculation that James is all but ready to sign with the Los Angeles Lakers.
James, who owns two homes in the Los Angeles area, arrived there on Saturday following a vacation trip. He’s previously indicated that he won’t be conducting any extensive meeting process with teams interested in his services. The Cavaliers, Lakers and Philadelphia 76ers are considered to be the top three contenders to sign him to a contract.
Should James make his choice as quickly as expected, it would be a change from his previous two trips into the free agent market. Back in 2010, he announced that he would be playing for the Miami Heat on July 8, while in 2014, he announced his decision to return to the Cavaliers on July 11.