- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Sources Reveal Exactly When LeBron James Is Expected to Make a Decision
- Updated: July 1, 2018
Determining exactly where LeBron James will play for the 2018-19 NBA season is still uncertain, with no specific time frame established for the announcement of that decision. However, the choice is likely to come within the next few days according to a Cleveland-based writer for the Associated Press. One member of the media even went as far as to mention the exact day that fans can expect the King’s decision.
Told LeBron will not drag this out, he has all the information he needs.
— Tom Withers (@twithersAP) July 1, 2018
LeBron has made his decision & informed those close to him. Expect the official announcement Tuesday morning.
— nick wright (@getnickwright) July 1, 2018
— Dave McMenamin (@mcten) July 1, 2018
There’s no indication exactly what was involved with that discussion. It’s possible that it may have just been an effort by James’ agent to quell rampant ESPN speculation that James is all but ready to sign with the Los Angeles Lakers.
James, who owns two homes in the Los Angeles area, arrived there on Saturday following a vacation trip. He’s previously indicated that he won’t be conducting any extensive meeting process with teams interested in his services. The Cavaliers, Lakers and Philadelphia 76ers are considered to be the top three contenders to sign him to a contract.
Should James make his choice as quickly as expected, it would be a change from his previous two trips into the free agent market. Back in 2010, he announced that he would be playing for the Miami Heat on July 8, while in 2014, he announced his decision to return to the Cavaliers on July 11.