- LeBron James reveals Cavs fan that mocked him, which led to 21-point explosion in 4th quarter
- Collin Sexton opens up on why Cavs needed blowout loss versus Celtics
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are hoping Andre Drummond gets bought out by Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: LeBron James gave Cavs teammates ‘300’ style Spartan shields before facing Warriors in 2016 Finals
- Report: Larry Nance Jr. to miss Monday’s game vs. Lakers with new injury
- Report: Cavs could try to flip Andre Drummond and Kevin Love for draft capital
- Report: Nets in ‘active discussions’ with Cavs for JaVale McGee, also interested in Kevin Love
- Report: Darius Garland was ‘hurt’ when Cavs and Tristan Thompson parted ways
- Report: Nets to make run at acquiring Cavs backup center JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs had chance to acquire DeAndre Jordan in 2018 with LeBron James on team
Report: Kyrie Irving to Miss Tuesday’s Game vs. Cavs With Latest Injury
- Updated: February 4, 2019
Irving has struggled with injuries of late and Tuesday will mark Irving’s sixth absence since January. After playing 35-plus minutes over his last two games, this could be the Celtics’ way of giving Irving rest to ensure he is fresh for the rest of the season. Injuries kept Irving out of the playoffs last year and Boston is desperately trying to avoid the same thing happening this year.
Furthermore, the Celtics have upcoming games against the Los Angeles Lakers, Los Angeles Clippers, and Philadelphia 76ers. Resting Irving against the lowly Cavs could be a calculated move to ensure Irving is in the lineup against better competition.
The All-Star is having an excellent 2018-19 season. Irving is averaging 23.8 points, 4.9 rebounds, and 7.0 assists to go along with an impressive 40.8 percent from 3-point range. In four career games against Cleveland, Irving is averaging 20.0 points, 5.0 rebounds, and 6.3 assists per game.
In addition to Irving, the Celtics will be without backup center Aron Baynes with a left foot contusion and rookie center Robert Williams is questionable with lower back soreness.