- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
Cavs News: Tristan Thompson Agrees to Five-Year, $82M Extension
- Updated: October 21, 2015
The wait is finally over.
— Chris Haynes (@ChrisBHaynes) October 21, 2015
The last rumored report had the Cavaliers having a five-year, $80 million on the table, however it seems that Thompson and his agent Rich Paul have negotiated their way to the $82 million extension instead.
Thompson, who was an integral part of the Cavs’ frontline last season as he averaged 8.5 points and 8.0 rebounds, may be the final piece to the Cavaliers’ championship puzzle.
Also worth nothing, Thompson is now the 6th highest paid power forward behind Kevin Love, LaMarcus Aldridge, Blake Griffin, Paul Millsap, and David Lee.