- Browns Defensive End Myles Garrett Says He Could Average 15 and 8 for Cavs
- David Griffin in Tears After Watching Rerun of 2016 Cavs-Warriors Finals Game 7
- LeBron James’ Emphatic Reaction After Rewatching His Iconic Game 7 Finals Block
- Larry Nance Jr. Claims All NBA Players Are Already ‘Out of Basketball Shape’
- Kevin Love Speculates How NBA Will Return for Rest of 2019-20 Season
- Report: Andre Drummond to Face Off Against DeMarcus Cousins in NBA 2K Tournament
- Larry Nance Jr.’s Hilarious Reason for Wanting to Resume Season Has Nothing to Do With Cavs
- Beth McLeod Touched by LeBron James’ Thoughts and Prayers
- Matthew Dellavedova Takes Playful Shot at Random Appearance of Cedi Osman
- Darius Garland Sends Somber Message Due to Lull in NBA Season
Cavs News: Tristan Thompson Agrees to Five-Year, $82M Extension
- Updated: October 21, 2015
The wait is finally over.
— Chris Haynes (@ChrisBHaynes) October 21, 2015
The last rumored report had the Cavaliers having a five-year, $80 million on the table, however it seems that Thompson and his agent Rich Paul have negotiated their way to the $82 million extension instead.
Thompson, who was an integral part of the Cavs’ frontline last season as he averaged 8.5 points and 8.0 rebounds, may be the final piece to the Cavaliers’ championship puzzle.
Also worth nothing, Thompson is now the 6th highest paid power forward behind Kevin Love, LaMarcus Aldridge, Blake Griffin, Paul Millsap, and David Lee.