- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Cavs News: Tristan Thompson Agrees to Five-Year, $82M Extension
- Updated: October 21, 2015
The wait is finally over.
— Chris Haynes (@ChrisBHaynes) October 21, 2015
The last rumored report had the Cavaliers having a five-year, $80 million on the table, however it seems that Thompson and his agent Rich Paul have negotiated their way to the $82 million extension instead.
Thompson, who was an integral part of the Cavs’ frontline last season as he averaged 8.5 points and 8.0 rebounds, may be the final piece to the Cavaliers’ championship puzzle.
Also worth nothing, Thompson is now the 6th highest paid power forward behind Kevin Love, LaMarcus Aldridge, Blake Griffin, Paul Millsap, and David Lee.