- Report: Andre Drummond makes final decision regarding player option with Cavs
- Report: ‘90 percent’ chance Andre Drummond opts into player option with Cavs
- Scary details of Kevin Porter Jr.’s arrest reveal loaded handgun, marijuana and overturned vehicle
- Report: Cavs expected to draft Obi Toppin at No. 5 pick if Deni Avdija is ‘off the board’
- Report: Andre Drummond expected to pick up option in order to facilitate trade
- Cavs break silence regarding Kevin Porter Jr.’s troubling arrest
- Report: Celtics offered multiple 1st-round picks for Cavs’ No. 5 overall pick
- Cavs news: Kevin Porter Jr. arrested on weapons charges
- Report: Veteran big man would ‘love to play’ for Cavs as free agency nears
- Larry Nance Jr. offers high praise for Miami Marlins’ historic hire of Kim Ng
Larry Nance Jr. Pays Respect to Kobe Bryant as He Shows Off Latest Cavs Workout
- Updated: May 26, 2020
Nance began his career with the Los Angeles Lakers in 2015, which coincided with the start of the final year of Bryant’s legendary 20-year career with the franchise.
After being traded to the Cavaliers in February 2018, Nance continued to apply the lessons he had absorbed from Bryant during their lone season together to develop a solid work ethic.
Nance and all those connected to basketball, including fans, were stunned when Bryant, his daughter, Gianna, and seven others were killed in a helicopter crash on Jan. 26.
At present, no official date has been given regarding the resumption of NBA action for this season. Given the fact that the Cavaliers were out of playoff contention, there’s also uncertainty as to whether the league will simply move to the postseason.
If the regular season is considered over, it would mean that Nance’s practice efforts are geared toward the start of the 2020-21 season. Yet, regardless of what takes place, the elder Bryant’s memory remains strong with the Cavs big man.