- Cavs Forward Cedi Osman Seen Getting Touchy With Famous Actress
- Cavs Big Man Jordan Bell Reflects on Painful Series of Trades: ‘I Wanted to Fight Somebody’
- Video: Andre Drummond Drains Acrobatic 3-Pointer in Scrimmage
- Cavs Rumors: Growing Belief That NBA Won’t Create 2nd Bubble for 8 Eliminated Teams
- Report: Cavs Were ‘Livid’ to Be Left Out of NBA Bubble
- Larry Nance Jr. Deems Anthony Davis ‘Monstar’ After Huge Game in NBA Bubble
- Larry Nance Jr. Shares Emotional Message About Why He Feels Lucky to Be on Cavs
- Dylan Windler Offers Incredibly Positive Update on Injury Recovery
- Tristan Thompson Gets Hyped While Explaining Why LeBron James Is the Best Player in the NBA
- Larry Nance Jr. Breaks Down Why He’s a ‘Huge Fan’ of LaMelo Ball
Cavs News: Kevin Love to Take Huge Step in His Recovery Later This Week
- Updated: January 28, 2019
Better yet, Love will take a huge step in his recovery this week when he partakes in his first full-contact practice since having toe surgery on his left foot earlier this season.
“The Cavs are expected to have Wednesday off following their matchup against the Washington Wizards,” reports Chris Fedor of cleveland.com. “Then they will hold a full-contact practice Thursday, two days before hosting the Dallas Mavericks. Thursday will be the first time Love takes contact since his surgery. How he handles that will go a long way in determining his official return date.”
While Love could possibly play on Saturday, Feb. 2, it seems likely that he’ll get a few more practices under his belt before he plays in a game. The Cavs currently hold the league’s worst record at 10-41, so there’s no need to rush Love’s return.
“Right now it’s a step in the right direction,” coach Larry Drew said on Monday. “But he won’t play tomorrow and chances are he won’t play this week.”
Love, who signed a four-year, $120 million contract extension over the summer, has only played in four games this year. In those four contests the power forward averaged 19.0 points, 13.5 rebounds and 3.5 assists per game.