- Report: Cavs Would ‘Gladly’ Trade for Gordon Hayward This Offseason
- Report: Kyrie Irving Was ‘Strange’ and ‘Angry’ After Winning 2016 NBA Championship
- LeBron James Again Named One of Time’s 100 Most Influential People
- Charles Barkley Roasts Shaquille O’Neal for His Miserable Tenure on Cavs
- Report: Cavs Have Compiled List of Potential Suitors for J.R. Smith
- Report: There Were Weeks Where LeBron’s Agent and David Griffin ‘Drove Each Other Nuts’
- Collin Sexton Sends Special Thanks to Cavs Organization, Teammates and Fans
- LeBron James’ Former Cavs Coach Calls Him a ‘Coach Killer’
- Zion Williamson Officially Declares for 2019 NBA Draft With Epic Video
- Report: Several Executives Couldn’t Believe Cavs Thought They Were Going to Make Playoffs
Cavs News: Kevin Love to Take Huge Step in His Recovery Later This Week
- Updated: January 28, 2019
Better yet, Love will take a huge step in his recovery this week when he partakes in his first full-contact practice since having toe surgery on his left foot earlier this season.
“The Cavs are expected to have Wednesday off following their matchup against the Washington Wizards,” reports Chris Fedor of cleveland.com. “Then they will hold a full-contact practice Thursday, two days before hosting the Dallas Mavericks. Thursday will be the first time Love takes contact since his surgery. How he handles that will go a long way in determining his official return date.”
While Love could possibly play on Saturday, Feb. 2, it seems likely that he’ll get a few more practices under his belt before he plays in a game. The Cavs currently hold the league’s worst record at 10-41, so there’s no need to rush Love’s return.
“Right now it’s a step in the right direction,” coach Larry Drew said on Monday. “But he won’t play tomorrow and chances are he won’t play this week.”
Love, who signed a four-year, $120 million contract extension over the summer, has only played in four games this year. In those four contests the power forward averaged 19.0 points, 13.5 rebounds and 3.5 assists per game.