- Report: Cavs Have Made Everyone Except Darius Garland Available in Trade Talks
- Report: Cavs Asking for 1st-Round Pick in Exchange for Kevin Love
- Tristan Thompson Gushes About Kevin Porter Jr.: ‘The Kid Has Something Special’
- Report: Cavs Actively Listening to Trade Proposals for Kevin Love
- Cavs Rumors: Kevin Love ‘Prefers’ Trade to Portland Trail Blazers
- Kevin Porter Jr. Rips Cavs Defense, Says ‘We Keep Ball-Watching’
- Tristan Thompson’s Statement After Cavs Loss: ‘Rather Lose Like This Than Any Other F——— Way’
- Report: John Beilein Reached Out to 76ers Coach on How to Deal With Struggling Cavs
- Report: Portland Trail Blazers Could Package Hassan Whiteside, 1st-Round Pick for Kevin Love
- Report: Denver Nuggets Could Package Multiple Players in Trade for Kevin Love
Report: Denver Nuggets Interested in Trading for Kevin Love Before Trade Deadline
- Updated: January 2, 2019
Earlier last July, Love signed a four-year, $120 million extension with the Cavs, and the front office was committed to building around him as the cornerstone of the franchise and keeping the team competitive in the Eastern Conference.
However, Love has been injured for almost all of the regular season thus far, and it is still unclear as to when exactly he will return to the court. The Cavs’ current situation doesn’t help their case either, as the team sits dead last in the East with a record of 8-29.
Due to the rules of his contract extension, Love becomes trade-eligible starting Jan. 24, which leaves 15 days — until the trade deadline on Feb. 7 — for Love to be potentially traded. Many front offices across the league continue to view Love as a difference-maker who could be a tremendous asset.
One potential suitor that has surfaced in trade discussions is the Denver Nuggets. The Nuggets have displayed a liking for Love for quite some time now. Back in 2017, the Nuggets were in discussions with the Cavs and Indiana Pacers to orchestrate a three-way deal that would have sent Love to Denver and brought Paul George to Cleveland.
The Nuggets current sit atop the Western Conference, with a record of 24-11. Brimming with youth and veteran talent, they have become a force to be reckoned with.
It will be interesting to see if this rumor materializes, and what the Cavs will do at that point.