- Isaiah Thomas Says Celtics Would Have Won Title If He Had Never Been Traded to Cavs
- Collin Sexton Credits Cavs Teammates After Reaching 6th Straight 23-Point Game
- Channing Frye Explains Why Detroit Pistons Are Going to Be Dangerous in Playoffs
- Dan Gilbert, Larry Drew, and Channing Frye Offer Huge Praise for Collin Sexton
- Report: Kevin Love Questionable vs. Detroit Pistons With New Injury
- Cedi Osman Sends Message to Team USA Amid FIBA World Cup Match
- Kyrie Irving Says LeBron James Was ‘Thirsty for Rebounds’ With Cavs
- Collin Sexton Breaks Cavs Rookie Record Set by LeBron James
- J.R. Smith Says He’s Beaten Kyrie Irving, Carmelo Anthony, Other All-Stars 1-on-1
- Kevin Love Speaks Out on Facing Dirk Nowitzki One Last Time
Report: Denver Nuggets Interested in Trading for Kevin Love Before Trade Deadline
- Updated: January 2, 2019
Earlier last July, Love signed a four-year, $120 million extension with the Cavs, and the front office was committed to building around him as the cornerstone of the franchise and keeping the team competitive in the Eastern Conference.
However, Love has been injured for almost all of the regular season thus far, and it is still unclear as to when exactly he will return to the court. The Cavs’ current situation doesn’t help their case either, as the team sits dead last in the East with a record of 8-29.
Due to the rules of his contract extension, Love becomes trade-eligible starting Jan. 24, which leaves 15 days — until the trade deadline on Feb. 7 — for Love to be potentially traded. Many front offices across the league continue to view Love as a difference-maker who could be a tremendous asset.
One potential suitor that has surfaced in trade discussions is the Denver Nuggets. The Nuggets have displayed a liking for Love for quite some time now. Back in 2017, the Nuggets were in discussions with the Cavs and Indiana Pacers to orchestrate a three-way deal that would have sent Love to Denver and brought Paul George to Cleveland.
The Nuggets current sit atop the Western Conference, with a record of 24-11. Brimming with youth and veteran talent, they have become a force to be reckoned with.
It will be interesting to see if this rumor materializes, and what the Cavs will do at that point.