- Isaiah Thomas Says Celtics Would Have Won Title If He Had Never Been Traded to Cavs
- Collin Sexton Credits Cavs Teammates After Reaching 6th Straight 23-Point Game
- Channing Frye Explains Why Detroit Pistons Are Going to Be Dangerous in Playoffs
- Dan Gilbert, Larry Drew, and Channing Frye Offer Huge Praise for Collin Sexton
- Report: Kevin Love Questionable vs. Detroit Pistons With New Injury
- Cedi Osman Sends Message to Team USA Amid FIBA World Cup Match
- Kyrie Irving Says LeBron James Was ‘Thirsty for Rebounds’ With Cavs
- Collin Sexton Breaks Cavs Rookie Record Set by LeBron James
- J.R. Smith Says He’s Beaten Kyrie Irving, Carmelo Anthony, Other All-Stars 1-on-1
- Kevin Love Speaks Out on Facing Dirk Nowitzki One Last Time
Cavs News: Tristan Thompson Could Return Friday vs. Miami Heat
- Updated: December 28, 2018
Tristan Thompson (sprained foot) participated in Cavs practice today for the first time since he suffered the injury. It’s not totally out of the realm of possibility he plays against Miami tomorrow. They need him. Ante Zizic (sore knee) didn’t practice. Hood, Nwaba still out
— Joe Vardon (@joevardon) December 27, 2018
The Cavs play the Miami Heat tonight, and it is possible that Thompson returns to action today.
Thompson’s injury occurred in the third quarter of a Cavs game against the Milwaukee Bucks, and he was expected to miss two to four weeks as a result.
The Cavs desperately need Thompson’s scoring and rebounding abilities as fellow teammates Ante Zizic, Rodney Hood, and David Nwaba are out with a sore knee, Achilles soreness, and an ankle injury, respectively.