- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
Cavs Players Hilariously Ponder Who Dwyane Wade Will Give His Jersey to Tonight
- Updated: March 8, 2019
Wade has made news all season by swapping jerseys with established stars and talented youngsters as part of his farewell tour from the NBA.
Rookie point guard Collin Sexton was the Cavs player who got his hands on Wade’s jersey following their Jan. 25 matchup. It seems Cedi Osman and Channing Frye have already been pegged as the favorites for tonight’s swap.
Who's getting @DwyaneWade's jersey tonight ?
— FOX Sports Ohio (@FOXSportsOH) March 8, 2019
“I think Channing might get it,” Sexton said. “Since it’s his last go around, last time playing against D. Wade.”
Frye then offered his own take.
“Could be Cedi,” Frye said while sitting right next to Osman. “I’d say it’s Cedi. I think Cedi is the future of this team. He gave it to Collin, so he’s going to give it to Cedi.”
Tristan Thompson then offered a very compelling case for Frye.
“Probably Channing might get the jersey,” he said. “They’re both retiring. From one old geezer to another.”
Finally, Larry Nance Jr. clarified it all, predicting not only who will get the jersey, but why as well.
“I’m saying team Channing,” he said. “Cedi’s going to get nervous and miss his chance and Channing is going to dive right in there, I’m positive. But team Larry Nance Jr. is not going to miss out either.”
While tonight’s game will certainly be fun to watch, as the Cavs continue to improve as the season progresses and the Heat battle for a playoff spot, the real action might take place right after the final whistle blows.