- Jayson Tatum Says Has a ‘Big A– Picture’ of His Dunk on LeBron James in His House
- Report: Cavs Would ‘Gladly’ Trade for Gordon Hayward This Offseason
- Report: Kyrie Irving Was ‘Strange’ and ‘Angry’ After Winning 2016 NBA Championship
- LeBron James Again Named One of Time’s 100 Most Influential People
- Charles Barkley Roasts Shaquille O’Neal for His Miserable Tenure on Cavs
- Report: Cavs Have Compiled List of Potential Suitors for J.R. Smith
- Report: There Were Weeks Where LeBron’s Agent and David Griffin ‘Drove Each Other Nuts’
- Collin Sexton Sends Special Thanks to Cavs Organization, Teammates and Fans
- LeBron James’ Former Cavs Coach Calls Him a ‘Coach Killer’
- Zion Williamson Officially Declares for 2019 NBA Draft With Epic Video
Cavs Dress Up in Holiday Gear and Pay Visit to Children at Cleveland Clinic
- Updated: December 13, 2018
Actually, Buddy was Cavs forward Kevin Love dressed up as the character from the 2003 film.
“I just like to smile, smiling's my favorite!” – @kevinlove
Regardless of whether the children would have rather had a visit from Love or from an elf famed for his holiday cheer, the moment probably brought a burst of joy to their day.
Love was accompanied by the entire Cavs roster. The Cavaliers went from room to room, bringing presents and smiles with them.
“It can change their spirit so much. For that 5 – 10 minutes to take their mind off of what they’re going through — this & @flashesofhope are two of the best events of the year.” – @RealTristan13 #CavsCare pic.twitter.com/FYMfszEuvt
As an important component of the Big 3, who in 2016 brought Cleveland its first sports championship in decades, Love remains a popular figure in Cleveland.
Unfortunately, the UCLA grad has been unable to contribute recently to the struggling Cavs, as he is out with a toe injury and likely will not make it back into the lineup until January.
But even when he’s not playing, the 11th-year veteran can still give back to the Cleveland community. A visit from an NBA superstar — or Buddy the Elf — and the rest of the Cavs could make all the difference for a child.
For more official photos of the Cavs’ visit, click here.