- LeBron James identifies himself with Michael Jordan after video of Cavs member trashing him emerges
- Report: It’s ‘a matter of time’ until Andre Drummond secures a buyout and joins the Brooklyn Nets
- Tristan Thompson hopes Cavs retire his jersey, makes perfect analogy to ‘tough, gritty MFs’ of Cleveland
- LeBron James offers heavy praise for Cavs rebuild, admits he pays ‘close attention’ to team
- Dylan Windler throws subtle shade at refs for not getting foul call after slam on Kyle Kuzma
- Video: LeBron James has heartwarming reunion with Cedi Osman prior to Cavs game vs. Lakers
- LeBron James reveals Cavs fan that mocked him, which led to 21-point explosion in 4th quarter
- Collin Sexton opens up on why Cavs needed blowout loss versus Celtics
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are hoping Andre Drummond gets bought out by Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: LeBron James gave Cavs teammates ‘300’ style Spartan shields before facing Warriors in 2016 Finals
Channing Frye’s Awesome Response to Why He Hasn’t Been Getting Playing Time
- Updated: November 25, 2018
Over the weekend, a fan asked Frye about his recent lack of minutes. While the original Tweet has since been deleted, Frye’s response still rings loud and clear.
Doing my vet duty and helping us win in other ways https://t.co/yCiaQtLc1L
For the first time in the 2018-19 season, the Cavs are enjoying a winning streak. Frye did not log a single minute in either game. His veteran duties, however, which likely include helping the Cavs’ younger players progress this season, have been paying huge dividends.
In Friday night’s win over Philadelphia, second-year forward Cedi Osman finished the game with 20 points, eight rebounds, and two assists. He has now scored more than 20 points in two of the last three games for the Cavs.
In Saturday’s win over the Houston Rockets, rookie point guard Collin Sexton had a career-high 29-point performance. He is averaging 21.2 points per game over the last five games and has taken a very clear jump forward in his rookie season.
In a season where veterans such as J.R. Smith and Kyle Korver have seemingly been looking for the exit door, it is refreshing to see that Frye is committed to the team despite his lack of playing time.
With four total wins on the season, the Cavs will look to continue their recent winning ways and log a third win in a row on Monday, when the Minnesota Timberwolves come to Cleveland.