- Tristan Thompson hopes Cavs retire his jersey, makes perfect analogy to ‘tough, gritty MFs’ of Cleveland
- LeBron James offers heavy praise for Cavs rebuild, admits he pays ‘close attention’ to team
- Dylan Windler throws subtle shade at refs for not getting foul call after slam on Kyle Kuzma
- Video: LeBron James has heartwarming reunion with Cedi Osman prior to Cavs game vs. Lakers
- LeBron James reveals Cavs fan that mocked him, which led to 21-point explosion in 4th quarter
- Collin Sexton opens up on why Cavs needed blowout loss versus Celtics
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are hoping Andre Drummond gets bought out by Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: LeBron James gave Cavs teammates ‘300’ style Spartan shields before facing Warriors in 2016 Finals
- Report: Larry Nance Jr. to miss Monday’s game vs. Lakers with new injury
- Report: Cavs could try to flip Andre Drummond and Kevin Love for draft capital
Report: Rockets spoke with Cavs about potential Russell Westbrook trade
- Updated: December 1, 2020
The Cleveland Cavaliers and the Houston Rockets reportedly had conversations about a potential deal involving Russell Westbrook.
The Athletic’s Shams Charania revealed on the Load Management podcast that the two teams spoke about a deal, but the Rockets price was not met.
Shams Charania reports that the Houston Rockets spoke with the Cleveland Cavaliers during Draft Week about a potential Russell Westbrook trade. However, the Rockets’ price was not met.
(Via the Load Management podcast)
— Alec Sturm (@alec_sturm) December 1, 2020
The Cavs are currently in a rebuilding phase, but a trade for Westbrook would have immediately thrust them into the playoff picture.
However, it likely would have come at the cost of multiple young players, and the Cavs need more help than just Westbrook to contend for a playoff berth.
The Cavs are looking to improve upon last season’s record, as they finished in last place in the Eastern Conference.