- Report: Cavs had chance to acquire DeAndre Jordan in 2018 with LeBron James on team
- Report: Some Cavs veterans ‘resented’ Collin Sexton in 2018, wanted to trade for one last shot at title
- Video: Jarrett Allen catches a body as he posterizes Nets defender
- Video: James Harden delivers filthy through-the-legs pass to Kyrie Irving
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares emotional post as he bids goodbye to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Darius Garland and Dylan Windler expected to play Friday night vs. Nets
- Report: Cavs saw James Harden potential in Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
- Report: Cavs viewed Kevin Porter Jr. as ‘untouchable’ and considered him ‘most talented’ youngster on roster
- Report: Cavs send Kevin Porter Jr. to Rockets for 2nd-round draft pick
Cavs News: George Hill to Miss Significant Time With Sprained Right Shoulder
- Updated: November 8, 2018
Already reeling from losing power forward Kevin Love for at least the next month, the Cleveland Cavaliers got some more bad news on Thursday. That’s because starting point guard George Hill will be sitting out the next two weeks due to injury.
Another tough blow for 1-10 Cleveland: Point guard George Hill will miss two weeks with a sprained right shoulder, league sources tell ESPN. First-round pick Collin Sexton will continue to get the opportunity to start.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) November 9, 2018
As the tweet indicates, Cavaliers rookie Collin Sexton will see additional playing time as a result of the injury. He got his first start in the Cavs’ Wednesday night’s home loss to Oklahoma City, playing a season-high 42 minutes and scoring 15 points.
Hill was acquired last February in a trade deadline deal and was seen this year as a player who could provide Sexton with a solid role model. Hill has played in all 11 games for the Cavaliers this season, averaging 11.5 points and 2.7 assists.
Sexton and the 1-10 Cavaliers will seek to get back on winning track on Saturday night, when they play a road game in Chicago.