- Luka Doncic Pays Cedi Osman Ultimate Compliment After Rising Stars Challenge
- LeBron James Reveals Why Kyrie Irving’s Recent Phone Call Meant So Much to Him
- Rodney Hood Explains Why Playing in Cleveland Was So Rough Last Season
- Report: Former Cavs GM to Be ‘Likely Target’ in New Orleans Pelicans’ Search
- LeBron James Offers Huge Praise for Zion Williamson
- Report: Dan Gilbert Talked to Certain Cavs Players After Wednesday’s Loss to Brooklyn Nets
- Collin Sexton Takes Slight Jab at New York Knicks’ Kevin Knox
- Cavs Teammates Rave About ‘Hotheaded’ Marquese Chriss
- Scottie Pippen Takes Huge Shot at LeBron James in Comparison to Kobe Bryant
- Report: Cavs ‘Furious’ About Officiating Following Triple-Overtime Loss
Cavs News: Kevin Love To Miss At Least 6 Weeks With Toe Injury
- Updated: November 2, 2018
The Cleveland Cavaliers‘ season has officially turned upside down.
That’s because of news that the team’s best player, Kevin Love, had surgery on his left foot and will be out for the next six weeks:
Cleveland’s Kevin Love underwent surgery on his left foot and will be re-evaluated in six weeks.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) November 2, 2018
Love, 30, suffered the foot injury at some point in the preseason. Although the big man played in the team’s first four games of the season, the injury started to get worse and required more rest. As the struggling Cavs prepare to tank and figure out their coaching drama, it makes sense to sideline the veteran to make sure he comes back fully healthy.
Despite the bothersome toe, Love has put up 19.0 points, 13.5 rebounds and 3.5 assists per game this season. The All-Star leads the team in points, boards and is tied with Larry Nance Jr. for most assists. The Cavs are certainly going to miss Love; though, the absence allows the younger players to get more time on the floor.
Love signed a four-year contract extension with the Cavaliers during the offseason worth $120 million.