- Stephen Curry and Channing Frye Only Perimeter Players to Accomplish Incredible Feat
- Jayson Tatum Says Has a ‘Big A– Picture’ of His Dunk on LeBron James in His House
- Report: Cavs Would ‘Gladly’ Trade for Gordon Hayward This Offseason
- Report: Kyrie Irving Was ‘Strange’ and ‘Angry’ After Winning 2016 NBA Championship
- LeBron James Again Named One of Time’s 100 Most Influential People
- Charles Barkley Roasts Shaquille O’Neal for His Miserable Tenure on Cavs
- Report: Cavs Have Compiled List of Potential Suitors for J.R. Smith
- Report: There Were Weeks Where LeBron’s Agent and David Griffin ‘Drove Each Other Nuts’
- Collin Sexton Sends Special Thanks to Cavs Organization, Teammates and Fans
- LeBron James’ Former Cavs Coach Calls Him a ‘Coach Killer’
Cavs News: Larry Nance Jr. to Make Season Debut Tonight vs. Atlanta Hawks
- Updated: October 21, 2018
Larry Nance will make his season debut tonight. He’ll come off the bench and is on a minutes restriction after missing the first two games with a sprained right ankle
— Joe Vardon (@joevardon) October 21, 2018
Nance, 25, will come off the bench and be on a minutes restriction after suffering a sprained right ankle for the first time in his three-year career. The 6-foot-9 center experienced the injury during practice on Oct. 11, when he landed awkwardly after going for a rebound.
The big man, who was traded from the Los Angeles Lakers in a trade deadline deal last season, will get to start his first full year with the Cavs. Nance averaged a career-high 8.9 points and 7.0 rebounds in 24 games with the Cavaliers last season. The promising play earned the youngster a hefty contract extension last week.
Just before the regular season started, the Cavs and Nance agreed to a four-year, $45 million extension. While the sample size was small, the Cavs have confidence that Nance will bolster the bench and be a staple in Cleveland for a long time.
The Cavs will play their first home game of the season tonight against the Hawks.