- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
- Video: Cavs big man seen getting schooled by WNBA star in 1-on-1 matchup
- J.R. Smith says Cavs championship team was ‘grittier,’ ‘nastier,’ and played ‘harder’ than Lakers
- Report: Celtics monitoring ‘uncomfortable’ contract talks between Cavs and Andre Drummond
Cavs News: Larry Nance Jr. to Make Season Debut Tonight vs. Atlanta Hawks
- Updated: October 21, 2018
Larry Nance will make his season debut tonight. He’ll come off the bench and is on a minutes restriction after missing the first two games with a sprained right ankle
— Joe Vardon (@joevardon) October 21, 2018
Nance, 25, will come off the bench and be on a minutes restriction after suffering a sprained right ankle for the first time in his three-year career. The 6-foot-9 center experienced the injury during practice on Oct. 11, when he landed awkwardly after going for a rebound.
The big man, who was traded from the Los Angeles Lakers in a trade deadline deal last season, will get to start his first full year with the Cavs. Nance averaged a career-high 8.9 points and 7.0 rebounds in 24 games with the Cavaliers last season. The promising play earned the youngster a hefty contract extension last week.
Just before the regular season started, the Cavs and Nance agreed to a four-year, $45 million extension. While the sample size was small, the Cavs have confidence that Nance will bolster the bench and be a staple in Cleveland for a long time.
The Cavs will play their first home game of the season tonight against the Hawks.