- Former Cavs Assistant Coach Hilariously Details Story of J.R. Smith Throwing Soup at Him
- Report: Cavs Teammates Were Rolling Their Eyes at Cedi Osman Early in the Season
- Isaiah Thomas Says Celtics Would Have Won Title If He Had Never Been Traded to Cavs
- Collin Sexton Credits Cavs Teammates After Reaching 6th Straight 23-Point Game
- Channing Frye Explains Why Detroit Pistons Are Going to Be Dangerous in Playoffs
- Dan Gilbert, Larry Drew, and Channing Frye Offer Huge Praise for Collin Sexton
- Report: Kevin Love Questionable vs. Detroit Pistons With New Injury
- Cedi Osman Sends Message to Team USA Amid FIBA World Cup Match
- Kyrie Irving Says LeBron James Was ‘Thirsty for Rebounds’ With Cavs
- Collin Sexton Breaks Cavs Rookie Record Set by LeBron James
Video: Rodney Hood Shows Off All-Star Potential in Offseason Workout
- Updated: August 16, 2018
In this workout video below, you can see Hood working on an array of activities that show off some All-Star potential:
Hood, 25, was shipped to Cleveland in a Feb. 8 trade that sent former Cavs Derrick Rose and Jae Crowder to the Utah Jazz. Only getting to play in 21 games with the Cavs, the 6-foot-8 shooting guard put up just 10.8 points in 25.3 minutes a game. However, before he was dealt to Ohio, Hood was averaging a career-high 16.2 points on 42.4 percent shooting in Utah.
Although Hood’s statistics were unimpressive in Cleveland, there are some fair excuses as to why he struggled to find a groove. The guard had to quickly adjust to a completely new team that was in full-contention mode. Furthermore, Hood was overshadowed by superstar LeBron James, who played every game of the regular season. With the four-time MVP dominating games with the ball in his hand, it was hard for the Duke University product to find his place off the bench.
Still, the Cavaliers want the swingman back in Cleveland. The team has reportedly extended Hood a qualifying offer worth $3.4 million, though they are interested in signing him to a three-year deal. Despite the notion that both parties want to make something work, talks have stalled because Hood reportedly only wants a short-term deal.
The two sides need to figure things out soon as training camp begins in September.