- Former Cavs Player Delonte West Seen Getting Beat Down on Freeway
- Report: Cavs Sign Tyler Cook to 2nd 10-Day Contract
- Report: Some Cavs Players Still Question John Beilein’s Ability to Succeed in NBA
- Tristan Thompson Indicates Refs Were Wrong to Eject Him for Incident With Jae Crowder
- Tristan Thompson Gets Ejected for Slapping Jae Crowder’s Behind
- Jose Calderon Details LeBron James Breaking His Hand After Game 1 of 2018 NBA Finals
- Collin Sexton Says There Was a Lot of ‘Disrespect’ Amongst Cavs Players Early in Season
- Report: NBA Executives Believe Kevin Love Was Primary Voice Behind Criticism of John Beilein
- Cavs Rumors: Tristan Thompson ‘Coveted by Contenders’ in Potential Trade
- 3 Ideal Trades the Cavs Should Pursue for Kevin Love
Video: Rodney Hood Shows Off All-Star Potential in Offseason Workout
- Updated: August 16, 2018
In this workout video below, you can see Hood working on an array of activities that show off some All-Star potential:
Hood, 25, was shipped to Cleveland in a Feb. 8 trade that sent former Cavs Derrick Rose and Jae Crowder to the Utah Jazz. Only getting to play in 21 games with the Cavs, the 6-foot-8 shooting guard put up just 10.8 points in 25.3 minutes a game. However, before he was dealt to Ohio, Hood was averaging a career-high 16.2 points on 42.4 percent shooting in Utah.
Although Hood’s statistics were unimpressive in Cleveland, there are some fair excuses as to why he struggled to find a groove. The guard had to quickly adjust to a completely new team that was in full-contention mode. Furthermore, Hood was overshadowed by superstar LeBron James, who played every game of the regular season. With the four-time MVP dominating games with the ball in his hand, it was hard for the Duke University product to find his place off the bench.
Still, the Cavaliers want the swingman back in Cleveland. The team has reportedly extended Hood a qualifying offer worth $3.4 million, though they are interested in signing him to a three-year deal. Despite the notion that both parties want to make something work, talks have stalled because Hood reportedly only wants a short-term deal.
The two sides need to figure things out soon as training camp begins in September.