- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
- Video: Cavs big man seen getting schooled by WNBA star in 1-on-1 matchup
Sam Dekker’s Ecstatic Reaction Upon Being Traded to Cavs
- Updated: August 5, 2018
Just minutes after the trade was reported, Dekker himself took to Twitter to express his excitement over the move.
If fans are worried that Dekker and Larry Nance Jr. won’t get along based on this tweet, have no fear. Dekker also replied directly to Nance welcoming him to Cleveland. It seems both players are excited to be suiting up alongside one another next season.
Let’s rock https://t.co/6aDcgydnOf
With the move, it seems the Cavs are committed to acquiring players who are looking for opportunities to prove themselves.
While Dekker performed solidly in the 2016-17 season, averaging 6.5 points and 3.7 rebounds in 18.4 minutes per game, he took a step back last season when he averaged just 4.2 points and 2.4 rebounds in 12.1 minutes per game.
With the move, the former first-round draft pick will surely look to improve his numbers and his usage in the Wine and Gold.
Hopefully he’s able to make good on that goal.