- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Report: Cleveland Cavaliers Waive Kendrick Perkins
- Updated: July 17, 2018
The move ends Perkins’ second stint with the Cavaliers. His first tenure with the team came during the 2014-15 season.
Cleveland has waived Kendrick Perkins, league sources tell ESPN.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) July 17, 2018
Perkins signed with the Cavs back on April 9 after spending part of the 2017-18 season with the Cavs’ G League affiliate Canton Charge. After signing, Perkins saw just 15 total minutes of playing time, in which he recorded three points and two assists against the New York Knicks.
Now that Perkins is a free agent, he is free to sign with another NBA team. However, considering the fact that he spent the vast majority of his time with the Cavs on the bench, it is unclear how big the market will be for the 14-year professional.
Hopefully there is more basketball to be played for Perkins before he decides to hang it up for good. If not, he will be able to look back on a long and fruitful career that included several NBA Finals appearances and one NBA championship.