- Luka Doncic Pays Cedi Osman Ultimate Compliment After Rising Stars Challenge
- LeBron James Reveals Why Kyrie Irving’s Recent Phone Call Meant So Much to Him
- Rodney Hood Explains Why Playing in Cleveland Was So Rough Last Season
- Report: Former Cavs GM to Be ‘Likely Target’ in New Orleans Pelicans’ Search
- LeBron James Offers Huge Praise for Zion Williamson
- Report: Dan Gilbert Talked to Certain Cavs Players After Wednesday’s Loss to Brooklyn Nets
- Collin Sexton Takes Slight Jab at New York Knicks’ Kevin Knox
- Cavs Teammates Rave About ‘Hotheaded’ Marquese Chriss
- Scottie Pippen Takes Huge Shot at LeBron James in Comparison to Kobe Bryant
- Report: Cavs ‘Furious’ About Officiating Following Triple-Overtime Loss
Report: Cleveland Cavaliers Waive Kendrick Perkins
- Updated: July 17, 2018
The move ends Perkins’ second stint with the Cavaliers. His first tenure with the team came during the 2014-15 season.
Cleveland has waived Kendrick Perkins, league sources tell ESPN.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) July 17, 2018
Perkins signed with the Cavs back on April 9 after spending part of the 2017-18 season with the Cavs’ G League affiliate Canton Charge. After signing, Perkins saw just 15 total minutes of playing time, in which he recorded three points and two assists against the New York Knicks.
Now that Perkins is a free agent, he is free to sign with another NBA team. However, considering the fact that he spent the vast majority of his time with the Cavs on the bench, it is unclear how big the market will be for the 14-year professional.
Hopefully there is more basketball to be played for Perkins before he decides to hang it up for good. If not, he will be able to look back on a long and fruitful career that included several NBA Finals appearances and one NBA championship.