- Report: Cavs hoping to attend workout of top NBA draft prospect Devin Vassell
- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
Report: Cleveland Cavaliers Waive Kendrick Perkins
- Updated: July 17, 2018
The move ends Perkins’ second stint with the Cavaliers. His first tenure with the team came during the 2014-15 season.
Cleveland has waived Kendrick Perkins, league sources tell ESPN.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) July 17, 2018
Perkins signed with the Cavs back on April 9 after spending part of the 2017-18 season with the Cavs’ G League affiliate Canton Charge. After signing, Perkins saw just 15 total minutes of playing time, in which he recorded three points and two assists against the New York Knicks.
Now that Perkins is a free agent, he is free to sign with another NBA team. However, considering the fact that he spent the vast majority of his time with the Cavs on the bench, it is unclear how big the market will be for the 14-year professional.
Hopefully there is more basketball to be played for Perkins before he decides to hang it up for good. If not, he will be able to look back on a long and fruitful career that included several NBA Finals appearances and one NBA championship.