- Luka Doncic Pays Cedi Osman Ultimate Compliment After Rising Stars Challenge
- LeBron James Reveals Why Kyrie Irving’s Recent Phone Call Meant So Much to Him
- Rodney Hood Explains Why Playing in Cleveland Was So Rough Last Season
- Report: Former Cavs GM to Be ‘Likely Target’ in New Orleans Pelicans’ Search
- LeBron James Offers Huge Praise for Zion Williamson
- Report: Dan Gilbert Talked to Certain Cavs Players After Wednesday’s Loss to Brooklyn Nets
- Collin Sexton Takes Slight Jab at New York Knicks’ Kevin Knox
- Cavs Teammates Rave About ‘Hotheaded’ Marquese Chriss
- Scottie Pippen Takes Huge Shot at LeBron James in Comparison to Kobe Bryant
- Report: Cavs ‘Furious’ About Officiating Following Triple-Overtime Loss
Report: Channing Frye Agrees to One-Year, $2.4M Deal With Cavs
- Updated: July 14, 2018
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) July 14, 2018
The 35-year-old Frye was originally acquired by the Cavaliers from the Orlando Magic in a February 2016 trade deadline deal and during that first season, he was part of a Cavs team that captured the franchise’s first NBA title. Last February he was traded along with point guard Isaiah Thomas and the Cavaliers’ own first-round pick for Jordan Clarkson and Larry Nance Jr.
Frye will be starting his 14th season in the NBA when he reports to training camp in September. His ability to shoot from beyond the arc has seen him compile a career shooting percentage in that category of 38.7 percent. In his 44 games with the Cavaliers last season before the February trade, he saw an average of 12.4 minutes, 4.8 points and 2.8 rebounds.