- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
- Video: Cavs big man seen getting schooled by WNBA star in 1-on-1 matchup
Report: Channing Frye Agrees to One-Year, $2.4M Deal With Cavs
- Updated: July 14, 2018
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) July 14, 2018
The 35-year-old Frye was originally acquired by the Cavaliers from the Orlando Magic in a February 2016 trade deadline deal and during that first season, he was part of a Cavs team that captured the franchise’s first NBA title. Last February he was traded along with point guard Isaiah Thomas and the Cavaliers’ own first-round pick for Jordan Clarkson and Larry Nance Jr.
Frye will be starting his 14th season in the NBA when he reports to training camp in September. His ability to shoot from beyond the arc has seen him compile a career shooting percentage in that category of 38.7 percent. In his 44 games with the Cavaliers last season before the February trade, he saw an average of 12.4 minutes, 4.8 points and 2.8 rebounds.