- Tristan Thompson hopes Cavs retire his jersey, makes perfect analogy to ‘tough, gritty MFs’ of Cleveland
- LeBron James offers heavy praise for Cavs rebuild, admits he pays ‘close attention’ to team
- Dylan Windler throws subtle shade at refs for not getting foul call after slam on Kyle Kuzma
- Video: LeBron James has heartwarming reunion with Cedi Osman prior to Cavs game vs. Lakers
- LeBron James reveals Cavs fan that mocked him, which led to 21-point explosion in 4th quarter
- Collin Sexton opens up on why Cavs needed blowout loss versus Celtics
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are hoping Andre Drummond gets bought out by Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: LeBron James gave Cavs teammates ‘300’ style Spartan shields before facing Warriors in 2016 Finals
- Report: Larry Nance Jr. to miss Monday’s game vs. Lakers with new injury
- Report: Cavs could try to flip Andre Drummond and Kevin Love for draft capital
Kobe Bryant’s Immediate Reaction to LeBron James Joining Los Angeles Lakers
- Updated: July 1, 2018
Considering that, fans were wondering how Bryant would react to the news that James had decided to sign a four-year contract on Sunday. While some would have expected Bryant to question the move, he did quite the opposite.
Kobe Bryant will have a lot to say about LeBron in due time. For now, he says in all caps, “I LOVE IT.”
— Ramona Shelburne (@ramonashelburne) July 2, 2018
Bryant also took to social media himself to personally welcome James to the Lakers family.
— Kobe Bryant (@kobebryant) July 2, 2018
For much of James’ career, Lakers fans everywhere have argued that James does not live up to the comparisons between himself and Bryant because Bryant has five championship rings to James’ three. Now, those very same fans will certainly be rooting for James to inch closer to Bryant’s championship total.
To do that, he’ll have to lead a team that has failed to make the playoffs since the 2012-13 season.
As it stands, James has joined a roster that is young and inexperienced. However, considering recent reports regarding additional offseason moves that the Lakers are trying to make, it is quite possible that he will soon be a part of the NBA’s latest super team.
Only time will tell if that’s enough for James to finally exact his revenge on the Golden State Warriors