- Report: Nets to make run at acquiring Cavs backup center JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs had chance to acquire DeAndre Jordan in 2018 with LeBron James on team
- Report: Some Cavs veterans ‘resented’ Collin Sexton in 2018, wanted to trade for one last shot at title
- Video: Jarrett Allen catches a body as he posterizes Nets defender
- Video: James Harden delivers filthy through-the-legs pass to Kyrie Irving
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares emotional post as he bids goodbye to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Darius Garland and Dylan Windler expected to play Friday night vs. Nets
- Report: Cavs saw James Harden potential in Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
- Report: Cavs viewed Kevin Porter Jr. as ‘untouchable’ and considered him ‘most talented’ youngster on roster
Report: Kawhi Leonard Has Reached Out to LeBron to Express Interest in Playing Together
- Updated: June 28, 2018
It is not yet clear where LeBron James plans to continue his NBA career next season. It is, however, beginning to seem that wherever he does decide to play, he will be doing so alongside fellow All-Star Kawhi Leonard.
According to a recent report by Yahoo! Sports’ Jordan Schultz, Leonard has reached out to James to say that he would like to play with him.
“San Antonio Spurs star Kawhi Leonard has reached out to LeBron James, informing the 33-year-old superstar that he wants to play alongside him, a source told Yahoo Sports.
“Leonard pitched James on his incredible defensive ability and how it would alleviate the pressure on James, the source said.”
The two players have been seemingly connected for months as James nears his free agency and it becomes increasingly clear that Leonard is unhappy with his current team, the San Antonio Spurs.
Now that James’ free agency is nearly upon us, it looks as though at least one team is scrambling to trade for Leonard. The Los Angeles Lakers are reportedly attempting to get a deal done for the two-time Defensive Player of the Year to make themselves as attractive a destination for James as possible.
It had also been reported that the Cleveland Cavaliers were looking for ways to bring Leonard to Cleveland, but most of the activity regarding a possible deal seemed to take place before the 2018 NBA Draft earlier this month.
With the Lakers possibly nearing a deal for Leonard, it could become even more likely that James ends up in L.A.
Until then, it is still all up to speculation.