- Video: Isaac Okoro surprises his parents with brand new Range Rover moments after getting drafted
- Cavs players react in jubilation to first-round pick of Isaac Okoro
- Report: Cavs could be landing spot for Celtics forward Gordon Hayward
- Report: Cavs and Knicks discussing trade ahead of NBA draft
- Police release terrifying photographs from site of Kevin Porter Jr.’s car crash
- Video: Kevin Love makes heartbreaking admission that he still has suicidal thoughts
- Report: Cavs looking to trade down in order to draft Obi Toppin
- Report: NBA executives don’t expect Deni Avdija to fall past Cavs
- Larry Nance Jr. hilariously reacts to sugar momma offering him $3K every weekend
- Former Cavs forward desperately begs for job in the NBA: ‘I’d play for free’
Report: Cavs Trying to Trade to Move Up Higher in Tonight’s Draft
- Updated: June 21, 2018
The 2018 NBA Draft is set to begin in just a few hours and the Cleveland Cavaliers are reportedly looking to get their night started sooner.
That’s because according to one NBA Insider, the Cavs could be looking to move up in the draft.
Among the teams still active in trying to trade higher into lottery: Dallas, Chicago, Cleveland and the Clippers, league sources tell ESPN. Philadelphia’s No. 10 pick is in play, a target for teams pursing Shai Gilgeous-Alexander. Otherwise, he could go No. 11 to Charlotte.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) June 21, 2018
Earlier this week, it was reported that the Cavs were possibly looking to move their eight overall pick to try to bring a veteran star to Cleveland. It now seems that the Cavs fully intend to draft one of the many talented rookies available in the draft.
Among the rookies that the Cavs could target are Michael Porter Jr., Trae Young, and Collin Sexton. If they were to move up higher in the draft, they could ensure their ability to grab the player they covet the most or pick one of the top-level talents that will likely be long gone by the eighth selection.
It is still quite unclear what Cleveland will end up doing on Thursday night, but one thing is certain: the fun is just getting started.