- John Beilein Says Collin Sexton Is Big Reason Why He Joined Cavs
- Richard Jefferson’s 3 Hilarious Tweets Sum Up Warriors-Blazers Series Perfectly
- Cavs News: Collin Sexton Named to All-Rookie Second Team
- 4 Players Cavs Should Look at With No. 5 Pick in 2019 NBA Draft
- Magic Johnson Says Los Angeles Lakers Should Pursue Kyrie Irving in Free Agency
- Report: Cavs Hire J.B. Bickerstaff as Associate Head Coach
- Report: Cavs ‘Really Want’ R.J. Barrett, Will Try to Maneuver to Make It Happen
- Report: Cavs Will ‘Undoubtedly’ Try to Get Another 1st-Round Pick for 2019 NBA Draft
- Report: Teams ‘More Wary’ of Pursuing Kyrie Irving This Offseason
- Giannis Antetokounmpo Admits Eastern Conference Easier Now That LeBron James Is Gone
Report: Cavs Trying to Trade to Move Up Higher in Tonight’s Draft
- Updated: June 21, 2018
The 2018 NBA Draft is set to begin in just a few hours and the Cleveland Cavaliers are reportedly looking to get their night started sooner.
That’s because according to one NBA Insider, the Cavs could be looking to move up in the draft.
Among the teams still active in trying to trade higher into lottery: Dallas, Chicago, Cleveland and the Clippers, league sources tell ESPN. Philadelphia’s No. 10 pick is in play, a target for teams pursing Shai Gilgeous-Alexander. Otherwise, he could go No. 11 to Charlotte.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) June 21, 2018
Earlier this week, it was reported that the Cavs were possibly looking to move their eight overall pick to try to bring a veteran star to Cleveland. It now seems that the Cavs fully intend to draft one of the many talented rookies available in the draft.
Among the rookies that the Cavs could target are Michael Porter Jr., Trae Young, and Collin Sexton. If they were to move up higher in the draft, they could ensure their ability to grab the player they covet the most or pick one of the top-level talents that will likely be long gone by the eighth selection.
It is still quite unclear what Cleveland will end up doing on Thursday night, but one thing is certain: the fun is just getting started.