- Kendrick Perkins Rips Apart Kyle Kuzma, Calls for Dion Waiters to Get More Playing Time
- NBA Executive Doubts Kyrie Irving Will Respect Steve Nash as Head Coach
- Kevin Love Reacts to Ongoing Feud Between Richard Jefferson and Scottie Pippen
- Scottie Pippen Destroys Richard Jefferson for Saying Giannis Antetokounmpo ‘Might Be a Pippen’
- Richard Jefferson Crucifies Giannis Antetokounmpo, Compares Him to Scottie Pippen
- Report: Multiple Cavs Veterans Will Not Participate in Team’s Voluntary Minicamp
- Cavs Fans Livid After Team Decides to Honor Michael Jordan on Iconic Statement Edition Uniforms
- Andre Drummond Goes After Donald Trump Following Latest Attack on NBA Protests
- Richard Jefferson Destroys Giannis Antetokounmpo for Not Guarding Jimmy Butler in Game 1
- Report: Cavs Looking at These 3 Players With No. 5 Overall Pick
Cavs Rumors: Trae Young Had ‘Secret Workout’ With Cleveland Cavaliers
- Updated: June 19, 2018
With the 2018 NBA Draft just over 48 hours away, the players that the teams at the top of the draft have zeroed in on have begun to become quite clear.
While a recent report indicated that the Cleveland Cavaliers are interested in drafting Michael Porter Jr. with the eighth overall pick, it was Trae Young who reportedly took part in a workout with the Cavs this past Saturday.
Young may not only be a target for the Cavs because of his gifts as a long-range shooter, but also because LeBron James has seemingly been a fan of his for quite some time. The four-time MVP posted a picture with Young to his Instagram back in late 2017.
There are a lot of reasons to be a fan of the 6-foot-2 guard. In one season with the Oklahoma Sooners, Young averaged 27.4 points, 8.7 assists, and 3.9 rebounds per game. He also shot 42.2 percent from the field and 36.0 percent from beyond the arc.
Still, there are questions about his athleticism and whether or not his style of play will translate to the NBA.
It appears the Cavaliers have their ideal targets if they end up hanging onto their first-round pick. The other option is for Cleveland to trade the valuable pick in an attempt to bring an established star to Northeast Ohio.
Whatever they ultimately plan to do, it’s sure to be an exciting 48 hours from now to the draft.