- Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers to Consider 2 Wild Cards With 5th Pick in Upcoming Draft
- Report: Darius Garland Did Not Meet With Cavs at NBA Draft Combine
- Channing Frye Explains Why He’s Excited About Cavs Landing 5th Pick in NBA Draft
- The Ringer’s Justin Verrier Says Cavs Getting 5th Pick Is ‘Comeuppance’ for Tanking Season
- Report: Cavs New Head Coach Personally Called All His Players by Phone on Tuesday
- David Griffin Reveals Why He Wanted Koby Altman and Cavs to Get 1st Pick in Draft
- Report: Zion Williamson Didn’t Want Cavs to Land 1st Overall Draft Pick
- Koby Altman Reacts to Cavs Getting No. 5 Pick in 2019 NBA Draft
- ESPN NBA Draft Lottery Footage Shows Cavs Landing 4th Overall Pick
- Report: There Are Those in Cavs Front Office Who Believe R.J. Barrett Is Better Than Ja Morant
Cavs Rumors: Trae Young Had ‘Secret Workout’ With Cleveland Cavaliers
- Updated: June 19, 2018
With the 2018 NBA Draft just over 48 hours away, the players that the teams at the top of the draft have zeroed in on have begun to become quite clear.
While a recent report indicated that the Cleveland Cavaliers are interested in drafting Michael Porter Jr. with the eighth overall pick, it was Trae Young who reportedly took part in a workout with the Cavs this past Saturday.
Young may not only be a target for the Cavs because of his gifts as a long-range shooter, but also because LeBron James has seemingly been a fan of his for quite some time. The four-time MVP posted a picture with Young to his Instagram back in late 2017.
There are a lot of reasons to be a fan of the 6-foot-2 guard. In one season with the Oklahoma Sooners, Young averaged 27.4 points, 8.7 assists, and 3.9 rebounds per game. He also shot 42.2 percent from the field and 36.0 percent from beyond the arc.
Still, there are questions about his athleticism and whether or not his style of play will translate to the NBA.
It appears the Cavaliers have their ideal targets if they end up hanging onto their first-round pick. The other option is for Cleveland to trade the valuable pick in an attempt to bring an established star to Northeast Ohio.
Whatever they ultimately plan to do, it’s sure to be an exciting 48 hours from now to the draft.