- Report: Kevin Love did everything but rent out a billboard saying John Beilein sucks
- Report: Kevin Love Came Into Training Camp About Month After Everyone Else
- Tristan Thompson Raves About J.B. Bickerstaff, Compares Him to Championship Coaches
- Report: Cavs Rookie Darius Garland Lands Autograph Deal With Upper Deck
- Report: Teams Were Asking Cavs to Give Them Money for Trouble of Trading for Kevin Love
- J.B. Bickerstaff Says Cavs Will Give Kevin Porter Jr. Heavy Workload After All-Star Break
- Former Michigan Player Defends John Beilein, Destroys Cavs Players for Not Valuing Winning
- Kevin Love Explains Why John Beilein’s a ‘Real Man’ Despite His Departure
- Cavs Rumors: John Beilein Treated His Players Like ‘Dictator’
- Report: Cavs Reassigning John Beilein to Different Role Within Organization
Cavs Rumors: Trae Young Had ‘Secret Workout’ With Cleveland Cavaliers
- Updated: June 19, 2018
With the 2018 NBA Draft just over 48 hours away, the players that the teams at the top of the draft have zeroed in on have begun to become quite clear.
While a recent report indicated that the Cleveland Cavaliers are interested in drafting Michael Porter Jr. with the eighth overall pick, it was Trae Young who reportedly took part in a workout with the Cavs this past Saturday.
Young may not only be a target for the Cavs because of his gifts as a long-range shooter, but also because LeBron James has seemingly been a fan of his for quite some time. The four-time MVP posted a picture with Young to his Instagram back in late 2017.
There are a lot of reasons to be a fan of the 6-foot-2 guard. In one season with the Oklahoma Sooners, Young averaged 27.4 points, 8.7 assists, and 3.9 rebounds per game. He also shot 42.2 percent from the field and 36.0 percent from beyond the arc.
Still, there are questions about his athleticism and whether or not his style of play will translate to the NBA.
It appears the Cavaliers have their ideal targets if they end up hanging onto their first-round pick. The other option is for Cleveland to trade the valuable pick in an attempt to bring an established star to Northeast Ohio.
Whatever they ultimately plan to do, it’s sure to be an exciting 48 hours from now to the draft.