- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
Report: ESPN Insider Says LeBron James Will Meet With Warriors This Offseason
- Updated: June 6, 2018
LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers are still wholly focused on clawing their way back in the 2018 NBA Finals, but many who report on the NBA are already looking ahead towards James’ impending free agency.
While the teams that are mostly like to sign James this summer were revealed quite some time ago, one ESPN insider believes James will also meet with a team that is nowhere near the list of favorites.
According to Stephen A. Smith, the three-time NBA champ will meet with the Golden State Warriors this summer. Smith even spent time on ESPN’s “First Take” detailing how James could end up in Golden State.
— Stephen A Smith (@stephenasmith) June 6, 2018
Despite Smith’s assertion, it seems quite unlikely that James would sign with the Warriors. First, it would take quite a bit of work for the Warriors to make the necessary cap room to sign James. Beyond that, James would have to accept a serious hit to his legacy if he were to sign with the team that has dominated the NBA for much of the last four seasons. Still, the report is without a doubt quite interesting.
While this report is in the news today, there is no question that James’ mind is much more focused on beating the Warriors tonight in Game 3 of the finals than on potentially joining them this summer.
Hopefully he and his teammates are able to do the improbable and come back from their 0-2 deficit to win the championship this season. If they don’t, the noise regarding James leaving Cleveland for a new team will likely only grow louder.