- Report: Cavs Update Kevin Love’s Status After Apparent Concussion vs. Milwaukee Bucks
- Cavs News: Tristan Thompson to Make Return Tonight vs. Milwaukee Bucks
- Stephen Curry Had Special Cigar Saved for 2016 Championship But Cavs Ruined His Plans
- Report: Warriors Security Tried to Stop J.R. Smith From Smoking Cigar After 2016 Title
- Report: Cavs Would Keep David Nwaba at Right Price
- Why the Cavs Would Have Made the Playoffs This Year With a Healthy Kevin Love
- Former Cavs Assistant Coach Hilariously Details Story of J.R. Smith Throwing Soup at Him
- Report: Cavs Teammates Were Rolling Their Eyes at Cedi Osman Early in the Season
- Isaiah Thomas Says Celtics Would Have Won Title If He Had Never Been Traded to Cavs
- Collin Sexton Credits Cavs Teammates After Reaching 6th Straight 23-Point Game
Cavs Go Wild When Kevin Love Shows Up to Trophy Presentation
- Updated: May 28, 2018
As the Cleveland Cavaliers faced the Boston Celtics in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Finals, Kevin Love was nowhere to be found on the bench. But after the Cavs eliminated the Celtics to advance to the NBA Finals with an 87-79 victory, Love suddenly appeared out of nowhere during the Cavs’ trophy presentation.
His teammates cheered as Love joined them to celebrate the big win.
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) May 28, 2018
Love was placed in the NBA’s concussion protocol after banging heads with Boston’s Jayson Tatum in the early minutes of Game 6. After experiencing concussion-like symptoms on Saturday, the Cavs made him unavailable for the conference finals clincher on Sunday.
Thankfully for Cavaliers fans, the Wine and Gold were able to pull off an improbable win on the road behind the spectacular performance of LeBron James, who nearly had a triple-double with 35 points, 15 rebounds and nine assists. The rest of the Cavs’ supporting cast carried the extra load needed with Love out. Jeff Green, in particular, played a huge game with 19 points to offset the loss of the team’s All-Star power forward.