- Report: Cavs Make Groundbreaking Hire With Latest Addition to Staff
- Report: Cavs Still Exploring Ways to Trade for No. 3 Pick to Draft R.J. Barrett
- Video: Kevin Love Discusses If He’s Open to Leaving Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Cavs Held Private Workout, Had Dinner With Jarrett Culver on Monday
- How Cavs Could Land No. 3 Pick By Facilitating Anthony Davis Trade to Knicks
- Channing Frye Gives Hilarious Take on Kawhi Leonard
- Kevin Love Gives Bold Prediction on Rest of NBA Finals
- Cavs Fans Quickly Shut Down SportsCenter’s ‘Fact’ About Toronto Raptors
- Kevin Love’s Emphatic Reaction After Seeing Kevin Durant Go Down With Injury in Game 5
- R.J. Barrett Says He’s Only Willing to Meet and Work Out With New York Knicks
Cavs Go Wild When Kevin Love Shows Up to Trophy Presentation
- Updated: May 28, 2018
As the Cleveland Cavaliers faced the Boston Celtics in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Finals, Kevin Love was nowhere to be found on the bench. But after the Cavs eliminated the Celtics to advance to the NBA Finals with an 87-79 victory, Love suddenly appeared out of nowhere during the Cavs’ trophy presentation.
His teammates cheered as Love joined them to celebrate the big win.
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) May 28, 2018
Love was placed in the NBA’s concussion protocol after banging heads with Boston’s Jayson Tatum in the early minutes of Game 6. After experiencing concussion-like symptoms on Saturday, the Cavs made him unavailable for the conference finals clincher on Sunday.
Thankfully for Cavaliers fans, the Wine and Gold were able to pull off an improbable win on the road behind the spectacular performance of LeBron James, who nearly had a triple-double with 35 points, 15 rebounds and nine assists. The rest of the Cavs’ supporting cast carried the extra load needed with Love out. Jeff Green, in particular, played a huge game with 19 points to offset the loss of the team’s All-Star power forward.