- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
Cavs Go Wild When Kevin Love Shows Up to Trophy Presentation
- Updated: May 28, 2018
As the Cleveland Cavaliers faced the Boston Celtics in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Finals, Kevin Love was nowhere to be found on the bench. But after the Cavs eliminated the Celtics to advance to the NBA Finals with an 87-79 victory, Love suddenly appeared out of nowhere during the Cavs’ trophy presentation.
His teammates cheered as Love joined them to celebrate the big win.
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) May 28, 2018
Love was placed in the NBA’s concussion protocol after banging heads with Boston’s Jayson Tatum in the early minutes of Game 6. After experiencing concussion-like symptoms on Saturday, the Cavs made him unavailable for the conference finals clincher on Sunday.
Thankfully for Cavaliers fans, the Wine and Gold were able to pull off an improbable win on the road behind the spectacular performance of LeBron James, who nearly had a triple-double with 35 points, 15 rebounds and nine assists. The rest of the Cavs’ supporting cast carried the extra load needed with Love out. Jeff Green, in particular, played a huge game with 19 points to offset the loss of the team’s All-Star power forward.