- Report: Cavs received calls for Andre Drummond and JaVale McGee in aftermath of Jarrett Allen trade
- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
Cavs Go Wild When Kevin Love Shows Up to Trophy Presentation
- Updated: May 28, 2018
As the Cleveland Cavaliers faced the Boston Celtics in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Finals, Kevin Love was nowhere to be found on the bench. But after the Cavs eliminated the Celtics to advance to the NBA Finals with an 87-79 victory, Love suddenly appeared out of nowhere during the Cavs’ trophy presentation.
His teammates cheered as Love joined them to celebrate the big win.
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) May 28, 2018
Love was placed in the NBA’s concussion protocol after banging heads with Boston’s Jayson Tatum in the early minutes of Game 6. After experiencing concussion-like symptoms on Saturday, the Cavs made him unavailable for the conference finals clincher on Sunday.
Thankfully for Cavaliers fans, the Wine and Gold were able to pull off an improbable win on the road behind the spectacular performance of LeBron James, who nearly had a triple-double with 35 points, 15 rebounds and nine assists. The rest of the Cavs’ supporting cast carried the extra load needed with Love out. Jeff Green, in particular, played a huge game with 19 points to offset the loss of the team’s All-Star power forward.