- Multiple Cavs Players Come to Rich Paul’s Defense After Controversial NCAA Decision
- Report: Cavs Add Levi Randolph and Malik Newman to Training Camp Roster
- Larry Nance Jr. Backs LeBron James Against Criticism From Skip Bayless
- Larry Nance Jr. Roasts Cavs Rookie Dylan Windler on Social Media
- 2-Time All-Star Raves About Cavs Rookie Kevin Porter Jr.
- Video: Kevin Love Celebrates With C.J. McCollum Over Contract Extension With Portland Trail Blazers
- Patrick Beverley Congratulates Sindarius Thornwell After Signing With Cavs
- Report: Cleveland Cavaliers Sign Sindarius Thornwell to One-Year Deal
- Richard Jefferson Says 2016 Cavs Were ‘Dysfunctional’
- Report: 3 Players That Could Fill Remaining Roster Spot for Cavs
Video: LeBron Takes Brutal Shoulder to Jaw, Heads to Locker Room With Injury
- Updated: May 15, 2018
After putting up monster numbers during the first quarter, Cleveland Cavaliers forward LeBron James‘ second quarter briefly came to an abrupt halt after he was struck in the mouth with 3:48 left before halftime. After splitting his two free throws, James was removed from the contest and headed to the Cavaliers’ locker room with the team’s training staff to check for a possible concussion, though that diagnosis was later adjusted.
Official diagnosis on LeBron's injury: neck strain. He will return.
— Cavaliers Nation (@WeAreCavsNation) May 16, 2018
James was in the midst of driving to the basket when he sustained the elbow hit from Jayson Tatum, who was assessed his third foul of the half.
Uh oh. LeBron to the locker room after taking a hard shoulder to the face pic.twitter.com/u0D3bV7RO0
— Dime on UPROXX (@DimeUPROXX) May 16, 2018
Finishing the half with 25 points, James scored 21 of those during a prolific opening quarter. The Cavaliers led by four after that first period and were able to extend that lead to seven at 55-48 by the time intermission arrived.