- Former Cavs Assistant Coach Hilariously Details Story of J.R. Smith Throwing Soup at Him
- Report: Cavs Teammates Were Rolling Their Eyes at Cedi Osman Early in the Season
- Isaiah Thomas Says Celtics Would Have Won Title If He Had Never Been Traded to Cavs
- Collin Sexton Credits Cavs Teammates After Reaching 6th Straight 23-Point Game
- Channing Frye Explains Why Detroit Pistons Are Going to Be Dangerous in Playoffs
- Dan Gilbert, Larry Drew, and Channing Frye Offer Huge Praise for Collin Sexton
- Report: Kevin Love Questionable vs. Detroit Pistons With New Injury
- Cedi Osman Sends Message to Team USA Amid FIBA World Cup Match
- Kyrie Irving Says LeBron James Was ‘Thirsty for Rebounds’ With Cavs
- Collin Sexton Breaks Cavs Rookie Record Set by LeBron James
Video: LeBron Takes Brutal Shoulder to Jaw, Heads to Locker Room With Injury
- Updated: May 15, 2018
After putting up monster numbers during the first quarter, Cleveland Cavaliers forward LeBron James‘ second quarter briefly came to an abrupt halt after he was struck in the mouth with 3:48 left before halftime. After splitting his two free throws, James was removed from the contest and headed to the Cavaliers’ locker room with the team’s training staff to check for a possible concussion, though that diagnosis was later adjusted.
Official diagnosis on LeBron's injury: neck strain. He will return.
— Cavaliers Nation (@WeAreCavsNation) May 16, 2018
James was in the midst of driving to the basket when he sustained the elbow hit from Jayson Tatum, who was assessed his third foul of the half.
Uh oh. LeBron to the locker room after taking a hard shoulder to the face pic.twitter.com/u0D3bV7RO0
— Dime on UPROXX (@DimeUPROXX) May 16, 2018
Finishing the half with 25 points, James scored 21 of those during a prolific opening quarter. The Cavaliers led by four after that first period and were able to extend that lead to seven at 55-48 by the time intermission arrived.