- Kevin Porter Jr. shares scary, suicidal Instagram post as fans beg him to seek help
- Report: Cavs hoping to attend workout of top NBA draft prospect Devin Vassell
- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
Video: LeBron Takes Brutal Shoulder to Jaw, Heads to Locker Room With Injury
- Updated: May 15, 2018
After putting up monster numbers during the first quarter, Cleveland Cavaliers forward LeBron James‘ second quarter briefly came to an abrupt halt after he was struck in the mouth with 3:48 left before halftime. After splitting his two free throws, James was removed from the contest and headed to the Cavaliers’ locker room with the team’s training staff to check for a possible concussion, though that diagnosis was later adjusted.
Official diagnosis on LeBron's injury: neck strain. He will return.
— Cavaliers Nation (@WeAreCavsNation) May 16, 2018
James was in the midst of driving to the basket when he sustained the elbow hit from Jayson Tatum, who was assessed his third foul of the half.
Uh oh. LeBron to the locker room after taking a hard shoulder to the face pic.twitter.com/u0D3bV7RO0
— Dime on UPROXX (@DimeUPROXX) May 16, 2018
Finishing the half with 25 points, James scored 21 of those during a prolific opening quarter. The Cavaliers led by four after that first period and were able to extend that lead to seven at 55-48 by the time intermission arrived.