- Kendrick Perkins Takes Jab at Kyrie Irving Replacing Pau Gasol as NBPA Vice President
- Cavs Rumors: J.B. Bickerstaff Expected to Replace Head Coach John Beilein
- Report: John Beilein Has Become ‘Unhappy’ and ‘Miserable’ as Cavs Head Coach
- Report: John Beilein Expected to Step Down as Cavs Head Coach
- Video: Kevin Love Shares Powerful Words About Depression Alongside Barack Obama
- Darius Garland Being Compared to Stephen Curry and Damian Lillard
- Video: Collin Sexton Seen Putting in Additional Work in After 2020 Rising Stars Game
- Dwyane Wade Says He Felt Like a ‘Zombie’ During His Stint on Cavs
- Report: Cavs Player Believes Andre Drummond Gives Team ‘Championship-Level Frontcourt’
- Tristan Thompson Says LeBron James Has ‘Worst Diet Ever’ and ‘Eats Like S—‘
Video: LeBron Takes Brutal Shoulder to Jaw, Heads to Locker Room With Injury
- Updated: May 15, 2018
After putting up monster numbers during the first quarter, Cleveland Cavaliers forward LeBron James‘ second quarter briefly came to an abrupt halt after he was struck in the mouth with 3:48 left before halftime. After splitting his two free throws, James was removed from the contest and headed to the Cavaliers’ locker room with the team’s training staff to check for a possible concussion, though that diagnosis was later adjusted.
Official diagnosis on LeBron's injury: neck strain. He will return.
— Cavaliers Nation (@WeAreCavsNation) May 16, 2018
James was in the midst of driving to the basket when he sustained the elbow hit from Jayson Tatum, who was assessed his third foul of the half.
Uh oh. LeBron to the locker room after taking a hard shoulder to the face pic.twitter.com/u0D3bV7RO0
— Dime on UPROXX (@DimeUPROXX) May 16, 2018
Finishing the half with 25 points, James scored 21 of those during a prolific opening quarter. The Cavaliers led by four after that first period and were able to extend that lead to seven at 55-48 by the time intermission arrived.