- LeBron James identifies himself with Michael Jordan after video of Cavs member trashing him emerges
- Report: It’s ‘a matter of time’ until Andre Drummond secures a buyout and joins the Brooklyn Nets
- Tristan Thompson hopes Cavs retire his jersey, makes perfect analogy to ‘tough, gritty MFs’ of Cleveland
- LeBron James offers heavy praise for Cavs rebuild, admits he pays ‘close attention’ to team
- Dylan Windler throws subtle shade at refs for not getting foul call after slam on Kyle Kuzma
- Video: LeBron James has heartwarming reunion with Cedi Osman prior to Cavs game vs. Lakers
- LeBron James reveals Cavs fan that mocked him, which led to 21-point explosion in 4th quarter
- Collin Sexton opens up on why Cavs needed blowout loss versus Celtics
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are hoping Andre Drummond gets bought out by Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: LeBron James gave Cavs teammates ‘300’ style Spartan shields before facing Warriors in 2016 Finals
Video: LeBron Takes Brutal Shoulder to Jaw, Heads to Locker Room With Injury
- Updated: May 15, 2018
After putting up monster numbers during the first quarter, Cleveland Cavaliers forward LeBron James‘ second quarter briefly came to an abrupt halt after he was struck in the mouth with 3:48 left before halftime. After splitting his two free throws, James was removed from the contest and headed to the Cavaliers’ locker room with the team’s training staff to check for a possible concussion, though that diagnosis was later adjusted.
Official diagnosis on LeBron's injury: neck strain. He will return.
— Cavaliers Nation (@WeAreCavsNation) May 16, 2018
James was in the midst of driving to the basket when he sustained the elbow hit from Jayson Tatum, who was assessed his third foul of the half.
Uh oh. LeBron to the locker room after taking a hard shoulder to the face pic.twitter.com/u0D3bV7RO0
— Dime on UPROXX (@DimeUPROXX) May 16, 2018
Finishing the half with 25 points, James scored 21 of those during a prolific opening quarter. The Cavaliers led by four after that first period and were able to extend that lead to seven at 55-48 by the time intermission arrived.