- Report: Cavs May Try to Trade Andre Drummond This Summer
- Report: Cavs Players Began Blasting ‘Thuggish Ruggish Bone’ and ‘Thugz Mansion’ in Front of John Beilein
- Report: John Beilein Expected to Forfeit Nearly $20M to Leave Cavs Coaching Job
- Collin Sexton Says His Game Has Improved in ‘Every Aspect’ Since Entering NBA
- Collin Sexton Discusses Close Relationship With Chris Paul, Says He Talks to Him Every Week
- Kendrick Perkins Takes Jab at Kyrie Irving Replacing Pau Gasol as NBPA Vice President
- Cavs Rumors: J.B. Bickerstaff Expected to Replace Head Coach John Beilein
- Report: John Beilein Has Become ‘Unhappy’ and ‘Miserable’ as Cavs Head Coach
- Report: John Beilein Expected to Step Down as Cavs Head Coach
- Video: Kevin Love Shares Powerful Words About Depression Alongside Barack Obama
Video: Celtics Fans Chant ‘F— You J.R.’ Following In-Game Scuffle
- Updated: May 15, 2018
Things got mighty chippy in Game 2 of the Eastern Conference Finals as the Boston Celtics closed the door on the Cleveland Cavaliers late in the contest to take a commanding 2-0 lead in the series.
As the game wound down, J.R. Smith committed a brutal flagrant foul on Celtics big man Al Horford. Moments later, Celtics point guard Marcus Smart rushed towards Smith and gave him a serious piece of his mind.
While the spat between the two players was quickly resolved, the raucous crowd in Boston’s TD Garden picked up where Smart left off.
— Deadspin (@Deadspin) May 16, 2018
The arena’s clear message didn’t seem to get to Smith, but the loss certainly did. The Cavs led by double digits late in the first half of the game before the Celtics mounted their comeback in the third quarter. In the end, the Cavs were the victims of their second straight double-digit defeat and will now have to pick up the pieces before Saturday’s Game 3.
Hopefully, the Cavs are able to find a way to even the series over the next two games in Cleveland. If not, things could continue to get ugly on the court before this series comes to an end.