- Tristan Thompson hopes Cavs retire his jersey, makes perfect analogy to ‘tough, gritty MFs’ of Cleveland
- LeBron James offers heavy praise for Cavs rebuild, admits he pays ‘close attention’ to team
- Dylan Windler throws subtle shade at refs for not getting foul call after slam on Kyle Kuzma
- Video: LeBron James has heartwarming reunion with Cedi Osman prior to Cavs game vs. Lakers
- LeBron James reveals Cavs fan that mocked him, which led to 21-point explosion in 4th quarter
- Collin Sexton opens up on why Cavs needed blowout loss versus Celtics
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are hoping Andre Drummond gets bought out by Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: LeBron James gave Cavs teammates ‘300’ style Spartan shields before facing Warriors in 2016 Finals
- Report: Larry Nance Jr. to miss Monday’s game vs. Lakers with new injury
- Report: Cavs could try to flip Andre Drummond and Kevin Love for draft capital
Report: Larry Nance Jr., Tristan Thompson, Rodney Hood to Return vs. Suns
- Updated: March 23, 2018
Cavs interim head coach Larry Drew made the announcement prior to the game, adding that while all three players have been activated, none will start in Friday’s game.
“I really didn’t want to disrupt the starting five that we have out there right now and those guys will be playing limited minutes, so I wanted to slowly get them back, acclimated to what we’re doing,” Drew said. “There’s a chance that there could be some early substitutions to get the guys in there. I’m not ruling that out, but right now I just kind of want to stay with the flow, stay with what we’ve done the last couple of ball games and then we’ll probably after tonight we’ll see as far as where we stand as far as starters are concerned.”
All three players have missed multiple games, with Thompson missing the most time out of the three in his nine-game absence. Nance and Thompson being back on the court will surely have an impact on the Cavs’ depleted frontcourt, and Hood’s return will likely help improve their performance on the offensive side of the ball.
The Cavs have been enjoying quite a bit of success recently, and are currently looking to improve upon their three-game winning streak. With three quality contributors returning to the court, they are beginning to look like a more dangerous team with each passing day.