- Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers to Consider 2 Wild Cards With 5th Pick in Upcoming Draft
- Report: Darius Garland Did Not Meet With Cavs at NBA Draft Combine
- Channing Frye Explains Why He’s Excited About Cavs Landing 5th Pick in NBA Draft
- The Ringer’s Justin Verrier Says Cavs Getting 5th Pick Is ‘Comeuppance’ for Tanking Season
- Report: Cavs New Head Coach Personally Called All His Players by Phone on Tuesday
- David Griffin Reveals Why He Wanted Koby Altman and Cavs to Get 1st Pick in Draft
- Report: Zion Williamson Didn’t Want Cavs to Land 1st Overall Draft Pick
- Koby Altman Reacts to Cavs Getting No. 5 Pick in 2019 NBA Draft
- ESPN NBA Draft Lottery Footage Shows Cavs Landing 4th Overall Pick
- Report: There Are Those in Cavs Front Office Who Believe R.J. Barrett Is Better Than Ja Morant
Report: Larry Nance Jr., Tristan Thompson, Rodney Hood to Return vs. Suns
- Updated: March 23, 2018
Cavs interim head coach Larry Drew made the announcement prior to the game, adding that while all three players have been activated, none will start in Friday’s game.
“I really didn’t want to disrupt the starting five that we have out there right now and those guys will be playing limited minutes, so I wanted to slowly get them back, acclimated to what we’re doing,” Drew said. “There’s a chance that there could be some early substitutions to get the guys in there. I’m not ruling that out, but right now I just kind of want to stay with the flow, stay with what we’ve done the last couple of ball games and then we’ll probably after tonight we’ll see as far as where we stand as far as starters are concerned.”
All three players have missed multiple games, with Thompson missing the most time out of the three in his nine-game absence. Nance and Thompson being back on the court will surely have an impact on the Cavs’ depleted frontcourt, and Hood’s return will likely help improve their performance on the offensive side of the ball.
The Cavs have been enjoying quite a bit of success recently, and are currently looking to improve upon their three-game winning streak. With three quality contributors returning to the court, they are beginning to look like a more dangerous team with each passing day.