- Report: Cavs had chance to acquire DeAndre Jordan in 2018 with LeBron James on team
- Report: Some Cavs veterans ‘resented’ Collin Sexton in 2018, wanted to trade for one last shot at title
- Video: Jarrett Allen catches a body as he posterizes Nets defender
- Video: James Harden delivers filthy through-the-legs pass to Kyrie Irving
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares emotional post as he bids goodbye to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Darius Garland and Dylan Windler expected to play Friday night vs. Nets
- Report: Cavs saw James Harden potential in Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
- Report: Cavs viewed Kevin Porter Jr. as ‘untouchable’ and considered him ‘most talented’ youngster on roster
- Report: Cavs send Kevin Porter Jr. to Rockets for 2nd-round draft pick
Report: Cavs in Trade Discussions With 76ers About Kyle Korver
- Updated: July 20, 2018
Several members of the Cleveland Cavaliers‘ roster from the 2017-18 season are already gone, and based on a recent report, another player may soon be on the move.
On Friday, several notable NBA sources reported the the Cavs have discussed a possible trade with the Philadelphia 76ers that would send Kyle Korver to Philadelphia in return for veteran guard Jerryd Bayless.
— Keith Pompey (@PompeyOnSixers) July 20, 2018
Later in the night, another notable NBA news source corroborated the information, but added that a deal is far from done.
A trade sending Cleveland's Kyle Korver to Philadelphia in exchange for Jerryd Bayless is "possible" but also "far from certain," according to one league source briefed on the talks.
— Marc Stein (@TheSteinLine) July 20, 2018
In terms of the trade itself, the move makes sense for both squads. The 76ers are a young and talented team that lacks perimeter shooting. Last season, Korver averaged an impressive 43.6 percent shooting from beyond the arc and would certainly add another weapon from deep.
As for the Cavs, Bayless could serve as another veteran presence to help teach rookie point guard Collin Sexton the ropes as he begins his NBA career.
According to the report, it seems far from certain that this deal will get done. If it does, Korver will be the latest player the Cavs have parted ways with amidst what is beginning to seem very much like a rebuilding period.