- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
Report: Cavs in Trade Discussions With 76ers About Kyle Korver
- Updated: July 20, 2018
Several members of the Cleveland Cavaliers‘ roster from the 2017-18 season are already gone, and based on a recent report, another player may soon be on the move.
On Friday, several notable NBA sources reported the the Cavs have discussed a possible trade with the Philadelphia 76ers that would send Kyle Korver to Philadelphia in return for veteran guard Jerryd Bayless.
— Keith Pompey (@PompeyOnSixers) July 20, 2018
Later in the night, another notable NBA news source corroborated the information, but added that a deal is far from done.
A trade sending Cleveland's Kyle Korver to Philadelphia in exchange for Jerryd Bayless is "possible" but also "far from certain," according to one league source briefed on the talks.
— Marc Stein (@TheSteinLine) July 20, 2018
In terms of the trade itself, the move makes sense for both squads. The 76ers are a young and talented team that lacks perimeter shooting. Last season, Korver averaged an impressive 43.6 percent shooting from beyond the arc and would certainly add another weapon from deep.
As for the Cavs, Bayless could serve as another veteran presence to help teach rookie point guard Collin Sexton the ropes as he begins his NBA career.
According to the report, it seems far from certain that this deal will get done. If it does, Korver will be the latest player the Cavs have parted ways with amidst what is beginning to seem very much like a rebuilding period.