- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Report: NBA Insider Reveals When Cavs Are Expecting Tyronn Lue to Return
- Updated: March 19, 2018
Luckily, the most recent reports regarding Lue’s health indicate that his absence won’t last for long, and that the team hopes he will be back in a matter of days.
New story: Tyronn Lue is stepping away from coaching the Cavs "for the time being" because of health reasons. Sources tell @wojespn CLE hopes he could return in a period of days, not weeks https://t.co/PDJdkL8NXb
— Dave McMenamin (@mcten) March 19, 2018
“I was told this morning, sooner than later,” Wojnarowski told SportsCenter on Monday morning regarding Lue’s return. “There’s going to at least be a few games here, but I’m told this is not expected to be a long-term absence. That he’ll be back, I’m told, well before the start of the playoffs.”
Another NBA insider corroborated Wojnarowski’s report, saying that Lue currently plans to be back on the Cavs bench next week.
Tyronn Lue will be on a one-week plan to address his health issues, per source. The current plan is to return to the bench next week.
— David Aldridge (@daldridgetnt) March 19, 2018
This is great news for a Cavs team that is looking to finish the 2017-18 regular season off strong. In the meantime, interim head coach Larry Drew will look keep the team on the right track as the regular season enters its final weeks.