- Larry Nance Jr. responds with jubilation that Cavs and Tristan Thompson have ‘mutual interest’
- Koby Altman opens up on what Cavs plan to do with No. 5 overall pick
- Ja Morant insinuates missed dunk over Kevin Love would have been best of all time
- Disturbing photos emerge of Delonte West begging for money in Dallas
- Photos leaked of ‘hulked up’ Collin Sexton from Cavs minicamp
- Kevin Garnett schools LeBron James fans ‘who don’t know s–t’ about Cavs’ 2010 playoff collapse
- Report: Cavs source identifies several improvements in Darius Garland’s game
- Report: Cavs internally comparing Collin Sexton to Donovan Mitchell and Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Cavs will look for ‘defensive-minded players’ in NBA free agency
- Report: Cavs confidently view J.B. Bickerstaff as ‘head coach of the future’
Report: NBA Insider Reveals When Cavs Are Expecting Tyronn Lue to Return
- Updated: March 19, 2018
Luckily, the most recent reports regarding Lue’s health indicate that his absence won’t last for long, and that the team hopes he will be back in a matter of days.
New story: Tyronn Lue is stepping away from coaching the Cavs "for the time being" because of health reasons. Sources tell @wojespn CLE hopes he could return in a period of days, not weeks https://t.co/PDJdkL8NXb
— Dave McMenamin (@mcten) March 19, 2018
“I was told this morning, sooner than later,” Wojnarowski told SportsCenter on Monday morning regarding Lue’s return. “There’s going to at least be a few games here, but I’m told this is not expected to be a long-term absence. That he’ll be back, I’m told, well before the start of the playoffs.”
Another NBA insider corroborated Wojnarowski’s report, saying that Lue currently plans to be back on the Cavs bench next week.
Tyronn Lue will be on a one-week plan to address his health issues, per source. The current plan is to return to the bench next week.
— David Aldridge (@daldridgetnt) March 19, 2018
This is great news for a Cavs team that is looking to finish the 2017-18 regular season off strong. In the meantime, interim head coach Larry Drew will look keep the team on the right track as the regular season enters its final weeks.