- Report: Cavs send Kevin Porter Jr. to Rockets for 2nd-round draft pick
- Report: Jarrett Allen was talking trash to Nets about Collin Sexton before his shots even went in
- Cavs head coach issues striking comparison between Collin Sexton and Michael Jordan
- Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant give major props to Collin Sexton after he drops 42 points on Nets
- Video: Collin Sexton drills cold-blooded 3 in Kyrie Irving’s face to send game into double overtime
- Cavs unveil tribute video as Nets superstar Kyrie Irving returns to Cleveland
- Report: Kyrie Irving to officially start and play in Nets matchup vs. Cavs
- Report: Dylan Windler to return to Cavs lineup Friday vs. Nets
- Report: It’s ‘doubtful’ Cavs will be able to trade Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Cavs expected to offer Jarrett Allen massive multiyear contract
Report: Cavs to Be Without 6 Players in Today’s Matchup vs. Bulls
- Updated: March 17, 2018
The roster hits keep coming for the Cleveland Cavaliers.
The Cavs have struggled to overcome these key absences in recent games, losing three of their last four matchups. Getting a victory will be that much harder without Korver, who has played incredibly well in recent games, averaging 17.6 points per game over his last three.
Cavs head coach Tyronn Lue canceled Saturday’s shootaround, so there is no clear indication of who will start in Korver’s place, but fans will likely see J.R. Smith back in the starting lineup until Korver can return.
Luckily, the Cavs can expect to get some much-needed firepower back in the coming days. Love is targeting March 23 for his return. Until then, however, the Cavs are likely to be shorthanded as they embark on the final stretch of the regular season.
With a playoff spot all but guaranteed for the Cavs, their main priority should be entering the postseason as close to full health as possible. If that means losing a few games along the way, it may be a price they’re willing to pay.