- LeBron James infers Cavs would’ve lost 2016 title to Warriors in bubble environment
- Report: Big part of Cavs winning 2016 title was team’s players taking dumps before games
- J.B. Bickerstaff releases powerful statement regarding Kevin Porter Jr.’s recent run-ins with law
- Report: Darius Garland was ‘far and away’ best player in Cavs’ bubble
- Report: Rockets spoke with Cavs about potential Russell Westbrook trade
- Report: Cavs have ‘expectation of ascension’ for Collin Sexton and Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Cavs ‘crossing their fingers’ that Kevin Love doesn’t have on-court outbursts this season
- Cavs release heartfelt statement dedicated to Tristan Thompson
- JaVale Mcgee helps Justin Beiber in getting album nominated for Grammy
- Report: Cavs didn’t draft Obi Toppin due to one major flaw
Report: Cavs Release Latest Update on Kevin Love’s Return From Injury
- Updated: March 1, 2018
When Cleveland Cavaliers forward Kevin Love suffered a fractured left hand during the team’s loss in Detroit on Jan. 30, the original diagnosis had him out for as long as eight weeks. Despite the fact that Love is now working out and taking part in drills slightly more than four weeks into the rehabilitation, the Cavaliers are not seeking to rush the veteran’s return to the court.
Joe Vardon of Cleveland.com provided an update on the situation:
“Love was wearing a UFC-style, padded glove on his left hand in the drills,” Vardon wrote. “A team source said there was ‘nothing to adjust’ in terms of the eight-week timeline for return the Cavs issued following Love’s injury and consultation with surgeons in New York.”
Prior to his injury, Love was averaging 17.9 points and 9.4 rebounds, though the Cavaliers were floundering and experiencing internal conflict. The latter issue was alleviated on the final day of the NBA trade deadline when the team revamped its roster by making several deals.
Given the potential timeline for Love’s return, reintegrating him back into the lineup with those new players will need to be done over the final three weeks of the regular season. The hope is that the chemistry between Love and his four new teammates will be established in time for the start of the playoffs.