- Report: Officer Suspended for Filming Delonte West While Shirtless and Handcuffed
- Kevin Love Says Collin Sexton Was ‘Pretty Hard on Himself’ During Loss to Knicks
- Former Cavs Player Delonte West Seen Getting Beat Down on Freeway
- Report: Cavs Sign Tyler Cook to 2nd 10-Day Contract
- Report: Some Cavs Players Still Question John Beilein’s Ability to Succeed in NBA
- Tristan Thompson Indicates Refs Were Wrong to Eject Him for Incident With Jae Crowder
- Tristan Thompson Gets Ejected for Slapping Jae Crowder’s Behind
- Jose Calderon Details LeBron James Breaking His Hand After Game 1 of 2018 NBA Finals
- Collin Sexton Says There Was a Lot of ‘Disrespect’ Amongst Cavs Players Early in Season
- Report: NBA Executives Believe Kevin Love Was Primary Voice Behind Criticism of John Beilein
Report: Cavs Release Latest Update on Kevin Love’s Return From Injury
- Updated: March 1, 2018
When Cleveland Cavaliers forward Kevin Love suffered a fractured left hand during the team’s loss in Detroit on Jan. 30, the original diagnosis had him out for as long as eight weeks. Despite the fact that Love is now working out and taking part in drills slightly more than four weeks into the rehabilitation, the Cavaliers are not seeking to rush the veteran’s return to the court.
Joe Vardon of Cleveland.com provided an update on the situation:
“Love was wearing a UFC-style, padded glove on his left hand in the drills,” Vardon wrote. “A team source said there was ‘nothing to adjust’ in terms of the eight-week timeline for return the Cavs issued following Love’s injury and consultation with surgeons in New York.”
Prior to his injury, Love was averaging 17.9 points and 9.4 rebounds, though the Cavaliers were floundering and experiencing internal conflict. The latter issue was alleviated on the final day of the NBA trade deadline when the team revamped its roster by making several deals.
Given the potential timeline for Love’s return, reintegrating him back into the lineup with those new players will need to be done over the final three weeks of the regular season. The hope is that the chemistry between Love and his four new teammates will be established in time for the start of the playoffs.