- Antawn Jamison Remembers Feeling ‘Numb’ After LeBron James Deserted Him on Cavs in 2010
- LeBron James Sends Outpouring of Birthday Messages to Kevin Love
- Kendrick Perkins Rips Apart Kyle Kuzma, Calls for Dion Waiters to Get More Playing Time
- NBA Executive Doubts Kyrie Irving Will Respect Steve Nash as Head Coach
- Kevin Love Reacts to Ongoing Feud Between Richard Jefferson and Scottie Pippen
- Scottie Pippen Destroys Richard Jefferson for Saying Giannis Antetokounmpo ‘Might Be a Pippen’
- Richard Jefferson Crucifies Giannis Antetokounmpo, Compares Him to Scottie Pippen
- Report: Multiple Cavs Veterans Will Not Participate in Team’s Voluntary Minicamp
- Cavs Fans Livid After Team Decides to Honor Michael Jordan on Iconic Statement Edition Uniforms
- Andre Drummond Goes After Donald Trump Following Latest Attack on NBA Protests
Report: Cavs Release Latest Update on Kevin Love’s Return From Injury
- Updated: March 1, 2018
When Cleveland Cavaliers forward Kevin Love suffered a fractured left hand during the team’s loss in Detroit on Jan. 30, the original diagnosis had him out for as long as eight weeks. Despite the fact that Love is now working out and taking part in drills slightly more than four weeks into the rehabilitation, the Cavaliers are not seeking to rush the veteran’s return to the court.
Joe Vardon of Cleveland.com provided an update on the situation:
“Love was wearing a UFC-style, padded glove on his left hand in the drills,” Vardon wrote. “A team source said there was ‘nothing to adjust’ in terms of the eight-week timeline for return the Cavs issued following Love’s injury and consultation with surgeons in New York.”
Prior to his injury, Love was averaging 17.9 points and 9.4 rebounds, though the Cavaliers were floundering and experiencing internal conflict. The latter issue was alleviated on the final day of the NBA trade deadline when the team revamped its roster by making several deals.
Given the potential timeline for Love’s return, reintegrating him back into the lineup with those new players will need to be done over the final three weeks of the regular season. The hope is that the chemistry between Love and his four new teammates will be established in time for the start of the playoffs.