- Why the Cavs Would Have Made the Playoffs This Year With a Healthy Kevin Love
- Former Cavs Assistant Coach Hilariously Details Story of J.R. Smith Throwing Soup at Him
- Report: Cavs Teammates Were Rolling Their Eyes at Cedi Osman Early in the Season
- Isaiah Thomas Says Celtics Would Have Won Title If He Had Never Been Traded to Cavs
- Collin Sexton Credits Cavs Teammates After Reaching 6th Straight 23-Point Game
- Channing Frye Explains Why Detroit Pistons Are Going to Be Dangerous in Playoffs
- Dan Gilbert, Larry Drew, and Channing Frye Offer Huge Praise for Collin Sexton
- Report: Kevin Love Questionable vs. Detroit Pistons With New Injury
- Cedi Osman Sends Message to Team USA Amid FIBA World Cup Match
- Kyrie Irving Says LeBron James Was ‘Thirsty for Rebounds’ With Cavs
Report: Cavs Release Latest Update on Kevin Love’s Return From Injury
- Updated: March 1, 2018
When Cleveland Cavaliers forward Kevin Love suffered a fractured left hand during the team’s loss in Detroit on Jan. 30, the original diagnosis had him out for as long as eight weeks. Despite the fact that Love is now working out and taking part in drills slightly more than four weeks into the rehabilitation, the Cavaliers are not seeking to rush the veteran’s return to the court.
Joe Vardon of Cleveland.com provided an update on the situation:
“Love was wearing a UFC-style, padded glove on his left hand in the drills,” Vardon wrote. “A team source said there was ‘nothing to adjust’ in terms of the eight-week timeline for return the Cavs issued following Love’s injury and consultation with surgeons in New York.”
Prior to his injury, Love was averaging 17.9 points and 9.4 rebounds, though the Cavaliers were floundering and experiencing internal conflict. The latter issue was alleviated on the final day of the NBA trade deadline when the team revamped its roster by making several deals.
Given the potential timeline for Love’s return, reintegrating him back into the lineup with those new players will need to be done over the final three weeks of the regular season. The hope is that the chemistry between Love and his four new teammates will be established in time for the start of the playoffs.