- Report: Cavs Update Kevin Love’s Status After Apparent Concussion vs. Milwaukee Bucks
- Cavs News: Tristan Thompson to Make Return Tonight vs. Milwaukee Bucks
- Stephen Curry Had Special Cigar Saved for 2016 Championship But Cavs Ruined His Plans
- Report: Warriors Security Tried to Stop J.R. Smith From Smoking Cigar After 2016 Title
- Report: Cavs Would Keep David Nwaba at Right Price
- Why the Cavs Would Have Made the Playoffs This Year With a Healthy Kevin Love
- Former Cavs Assistant Coach Hilariously Details Story of J.R. Smith Throwing Soup at Him
- Report: Cavs Teammates Were Rolling Their Eyes at Cedi Osman Early in the Season
- Isaiah Thomas Says Celtics Would Have Won Title If He Had Never Been Traded to Cavs
- Collin Sexton Credits Cavs Teammates After Reaching 6th Straight 23-Point Game
Channing Frye Sends Heartfelt Message to Cavs Fans After Being Traded
- Updated: February 8, 2018
Veteran big man Channing Frye‘s time as a member of the Cleveland Cavaliers came to an end on Thursday when he was dealt with Isaiah Thomas to the Los Angeles Lakers. His tenure with the team ended as it had begun two years ago: as part of a trade deadline deal, with Frye having come to the team from the Orlando Magic in 2016.
Just four months later, Frye was part of the first-ever Cavaliers NBA championship squad and has remained a key member of the team both on and off the court. In the wake of the trade, he offered his thoughts via social media:
Frye had been the subject of trade rumors for much of the past few months, but he was philosophical about being traded away. That perspective was shaped by the fact that he had previously been dealt by other teams and had dealt with more personal situations that were much more serious in nature. These included heart problems that put both his life and career in danger and the deaths of his mother and father in the span of less than a month in the fall of 2016.
The Cavaliers will face Frye, Thomas and the Lakers when they travel to Los Angeles for a game at Staples Center on March 11.