- 4 Players Cavs Should Look at With No. 5 Pick in 2019 NBA Draft
- Magic Johnson Says Los Angeles Lakers Should Pursue Kyrie Irving in Free Agency
- Report: Cavs Hire J.B. Bickerstaff as Associate Head Coach
- Report: Cavs ‘Really Want’ R.J. Barrett, Will Try to Maneuver to Make It Happen
- Report: Cavs Will ‘Undoubtedly’ Try to Get Another 1st-Round Pick for 2019 NBA Draft
- Report: Teams ‘More Wary’ of Pursuing Kyrie Irving This Offseason
- Giannis Antetokounmpo Admits Eastern Conference Easier Now That LeBron James Is Gone
- Video: Collin Sexton Seen Coaching and Guiding Youngsters in Philippines
- Here’s Why the Cavs Might Still End Up With R.J. Barrett on Draft Night
- Report: Cavs to Meet With Duke University’s Cam Reddish
Cavs News: 3rd Team Involved in Cleveland Cavaliers-Milwaukee Bucks Trade
- Updated: December 7, 2018
After it was reported by Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN and Shams Charania of The Athletic that the Cleveland Cavaliers were acquiring Matthew Dellavedova, John Henson and draft picks from the Milwaukee Bucks in exchange for George Hill and Sam Dekker, it seems that a third team is being involved the mix.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) December 8, 2018
According to Wojnarowski, the Washington Wizards will also be included in the deal, as they will actually be receiving Sam Dekker in exchange for big man Jason Smith and a future second-round draft pick.
Acquiring Smith for the Cavs hardly makes any sense, as the big man is averaging just 3.7 points and 3.1 rebounds this season. However, Smith’s salary does come off the books after this season, as he will become an unrestricted free agent.