- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
- Video: Cavs big man seen getting schooled by WNBA star in 1-on-1 matchup
Video: Scottie Pippen Makes Ridiculous Claim, Says He’s Better Than LeBron James
- Updated: December 20, 2017
Last week, Pippen infamously stated that the King has surpassed Michael Jordan statistically.
Now, the 52-year-old appears to be confused about his basketball comparisons as he was caught on camera telling a TMZ reporter that James isn’t even better than Pippen himself because he doesn’t have as many as rings.
The small forward does, in fact, have more rings than James as he shared six with Jordan. However, it’s easily arguable that Pippen wouldn’t have captured one if it wasn’t for his superstar teammate.
The 17-year-pro left the hardwood with career averages of 16.1 points, 6.4 rebounds and 5.2 assists. James, on the other hand, has career averages of 27.2 points, 7.2 rebounds and 7.1 assists. Although the four-time MVP only has three championships, he has been to the NBA Finals more times than Pippen.
15 seasons into the league, James is making a case for a fifth MVP. The veteran is averaging a marvelous 28.2 points, 9.3 assists and 8.3 rebounds a game. The league hasn’t seen production quite like this so late into a player’s career and James continues to rewrite the history books and will likely continue to until he retires.