- Larry Nance Jr. Pays Respect to Kobe Bryant as He Shows Off Latest Cavs Workout
- Report: Cavs ‘Eager to Play’ as Hot Debate Regarding How NBA Should Return Continues
- Pelicans Rookie Declares LeBron James Buzzer-Beater Favorite Game-Winner in NBA History
- J.B. Bickerstaff on Collin Sexton: ‘You Will Not Find a Guy Who Is More Serious About His Game’
- Andre Drummond Leaves Waitress Stunned as He Leaves Enormous Tip on Check
- Kendrick Perkins Says James Harden Better All-Around Player Than Stephen Curry
- Report: International Club to Target Ante Zizic This Offseason
- Kevin Porter Jr. Sends Passionate Message to City of Cleveland
- Khloe Kardashian Sends NSFW Message to Woman Claiming to Be Mother of Tristan Thompson’s Son
- Ranking the 10 Best Players in Cleveland Cavaliers History
Cavs Rumors: ESPN Releases Official Timetable on Iman Shumpert’s Return
- Updated: November 30, 2017
On Thursday, the Cleveland Cavaliers announced that shooting guard Iman Shumpert would undergo surgery to repair an effusion in his left knee. It wasn’t until Thursday night, however, that a report of Shumpert’s timetable to return was released.
While the team will not officially announce the swingman’s timetable until after his surgery on Friday, Shumpert is reportedly expected to miss six to eight weeks.
An official timetable on Cleveland guard Iman Shumpert's return will come after knee surgery on Friday, but Shumpert could miss 6 to 8 weeks, league sources tell ESPN.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) December 1, 2017
Shumpert had been dealing with pain in his left knee since he left in the second quarter of the Cavs’ Nov. 17 matchup against the Los Angeles Clippers. The news of his surgery and extended absence, however, certainly comes as a surprise.
The Cavs will look to overcome the many injuries on their roster and extend their current nine-game winning streak. Shumpert will surely be supporting his teammates as the season continues while he works to return to the court.