- Klay Thompson Says He Knew Warriors Were Going to Sweep ‘Defeated’ Cavs
- Nik Stauskas ‘Super Excited’ Koby Altman Brought Him Back to Cavs Organization
- Ranking the 5 Worst Cleveland Cavaliers Teams of All Time
- Report: Cavs Sign Guard Nik Stauskas to Deal for Rest of Season
- Channing Frye Notes Hilarious Pet Peeve Richard Jefferson Used to Have About Him
- Report: Cavs Have Added Monster Amount of Money to Payroll Since LeBron’s Departure
- Kevin Love Shares Inspirational Message Following First Game Back From Injury
- Cavs News: Kevin Love to Make Long-Awaited Return Tonight vs. Washington Wizards
- LeBron James on Game 7 vs. Boston Celtics Last Year: ‘I Damn Near Killed Myself That Day’
- Report: Cavs Release Huge Update Regarding Kevin Love’s Return
Cavs Rumors: ESPN Releases Official Timetable on Iman Shumpert’s Return
- Updated: November 30, 2017
On Thursday, the Cleveland Cavaliers announced that shooting guard Iman Shumpert would undergo surgery to repair an effusion in his left knee. It wasn’t until Thursday night, however, that a report of Shumpert’s timetable to return was released.
While the team will not officially announce the swingman’s timetable until after his surgery on Friday, Shumpert is reportedly expected to miss six to eight weeks.
An official timetable on Cleveland guard Iman Shumpert's return will come after knee surgery on Friday, but Shumpert could miss 6 to 8 weeks, league sources tell ESPN.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) December 1, 2017
Shumpert had been dealing with pain in his left knee since he left in the second quarter of the Cavs’ Nov. 17 matchup against the Los Angeles Clippers. The news of his surgery and extended absence, however, certainly comes as a surprise.
The Cavs will look to overcome the many injuries on their roster and extend their current nine-game winning streak. Shumpert will surely be supporting his teammates as the season continues while he works to return to the court.