- Report: There’s ‘Internal Belief’ That Winning Basketball Could Be Coming Soon for Cavs
- Kirk Cousins Explains Why He ‘Totally Understands’ Why LeBron James Left Cavs
- Luka Doncic Pays Cedi Osman Ultimate Compliment After Rising Stars Challenge
- LeBron James Reveals Why Kyrie Irving’s Recent Phone Call Meant So Much to Him
- Rodney Hood Explains Why Playing in Cleveland Was So Rough Last Season
- Report: Former Cavs GM to Be ‘Likely Target’ in New Orleans Pelicans’ Search
- LeBron James Offers Huge Praise for Zion Williamson
- Report: Dan Gilbert Talked to Certain Cavs Players After Wednesday’s Loss to Brooklyn Nets
- Collin Sexton Takes Slight Jab at New York Knicks’ Kevin Knox
- Cavs Teammates Rave About ‘Hotheaded’ Marquese Chriss
Cavs News: Jose Calderon to Be in Starting Lineup vs. Detroit Pistons
- Updated: November 19, 2017
The injury issues that have plagued the Cleveland Cavaliers during the first month of the 2017-18 NBA season have resulted in the team’s head coach, Tyronn Lue, trying to put together a number of different starting lineups. On Sunday, Lue was forced to make another change when he announced that veteran Jose Calderon will be inserted in place of the injured Iman Shumpert for Monday night’s game in Detroit.
“We got him in last game and we knew at some point we were going to need him,” Lue said. “He’s a great veteran to have and he gets some steadiness. Once he gets a feel and gets comfortable, I think he’ll be great. So he’s getting the big start tomorrow.”
Calderon is a 36-year-old veteran who was signed during the offseason and is currently in his 13th NBA season. In seven games this season for the Cavaliers, Calderon is currently averaging just 6.7 minutes per contest, scoring 1.0 point per game and dishing out 0.7 assists. The Cavs are his seventh NBA team.
Shumpert is expected to miss most of the next week, with other members of the depleted backcourt also looking to get back to full health in the weeks ahead.