- Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers Considering Dealing No. 5 Pick to Atlanta Hawks
- Report: Cavs Make Groundbreaking Hire With Latest Addition to Staff
- Report: Cavs Still Exploring Ways to Trade for No. 3 Pick to Draft R.J. Barrett
- Video: Kevin Love Discusses If He’s Open to Leaving Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Cavs Held Private Workout, Had Dinner With Jarrett Culver on Monday
- How Cavs Could Land No. 3 Pick By Facilitating Anthony Davis Trade to Knicks
- Channing Frye Gives Hilarious Take on Kawhi Leonard
- Kevin Love Gives Bold Prediction on Rest of NBA Finals
- Cavs Fans Quickly Shut Down SportsCenter’s ‘Fact’ About Toronto Raptors
- Kevin Love’s Emphatic Reaction After Seeing Kevin Durant Go Down With Injury in Game 5
Cavs News: Jose Calderon to Be in Starting Lineup vs. Detroit Pistons
- Updated: November 19, 2017
The injury issues that have plagued the Cleveland Cavaliers during the first month of the 2017-18 NBA season have resulted in the team’s head coach, Tyronn Lue, trying to put together a number of different starting lineups. On Sunday, Lue was forced to make another change when he announced that veteran Jose Calderon will be inserted in place of the injured Iman Shumpert for Monday night’s game in Detroit.
“We got him in last game and we knew at some point we were going to need him,” Lue said. “He’s a great veteran to have and he gets some steadiness. Once he gets a feel and gets comfortable, I think he’ll be great. So he’s getting the big start tomorrow.”
Calderon is a 36-year-old veteran who was signed during the offseason and is currently in his 13th NBA season. In seven games this season for the Cavaliers, Calderon is currently averaging just 6.7 minutes per contest, scoring 1.0 point per game and dishing out 0.7 assists. The Cavs are his seventh NBA team.
Shumpert is expected to miss most of the next week, with other members of the depleted backcourt also looking to get back to full health in the weeks ahead.