- Luka Doncic Pays Cedi Osman Ultimate Compliment After Rising Stars Challenge
- LeBron James Reveals Why Kyrie Irving’s Recent Phone Call Meant So Much to Him
- Rodney Hood Explains Why Playing in Cleveland Was So Rough Last Season
- Report: Former Cavs GM to Be ‘Likely Target’ in New Orleans Pelicans’ Search
- LeBron James Offers Huge Praise for Zion Williamson
- Report: Dan Gilbert Talked to Certain Cavs Players After Wednesday’s Loss to Brooklyn Nets
- Collin Sexton Takes Slight Jab at New York Knicks’ Kevin Knox
- Cavs Teammates Rave About ‘Hotheaded’ Marquese Chriss
- Scottie Pippen Takes Huge Shot at LeBron James in Comparison to Kobe Bryant
- Report: Cavs ‘Furious’ About Officiating Following Triple-Overtime Loss
Video: LeBron James Counsels Dennis Smith Jr. During 4th Quarter
- Updated: November 11, 2017
The Cleveland Cavaliers squeezed out a 111-104 victory over the Dallas Mavericks on Saturday night on the way to their sixth victory on the young season.
The Mavericks actually had a chance to cut their deficit to within two points late in the fourth quarter as rookie Dennis Smith Jr. drove to the hoop, however that effort proved to be futile, as he missed a point blank reverse layup.
— MavsHighlights (@MavsHighlights) November 12, 2017
On the following possession, as the Mavericks fouled Jeff Green with 28.9 seconds left on the clock, maybe the most significant moment of the game came for Smith Jr. as Cavs superstar LeBron James counseled the young rookie on how to attack the rim.
James has never been shy about giving advice to players on opposing teams, whether it be contemporaries or rookies just coming up in the NBA. With the four-time MVP paving the way for the rest of the league, the players seem to be in good hands for the foreseeable future.