- Report: LeBron James Called Rob Pelinka to Vouch for and Recruit Former Cavs Teammate
- Jordan Clarkson Sings Praises for NBA in Reaction to Russell Westbrook Trade
- Cavs Head Coach John Beilein Reveals Why Dylan Windler Will Succeed in NBA
- Former Cavs Teammate Discusses Kyrie Irving’s Personality: He’s ‘Misunderstood’
- Report: Cleveland Cavaliers Could Be Involved in Russell Westbrook Trade With Miami Heat
- Report: Kevin Porter Jr. to Give Cavs ‘Rare’ Discount on Rookie Contract
- Richard Jefferson Asks Kevin Love for Pictures of His Girlfriend Kate Bock
- Larry Nance Jr. ‘Happy as Hell’ With Cavs’ Offseason, Expects to Be ‘Problem’ for Opponents
- Former Cavs Player Outraged After ESPN Analysts Count Out LeBron James and Lakers
- Here’s What the Portland Trail Blazers Could Offer in a Trade for Kevin Love
Video: LeBron James Counsels Dennis Smith Jr. During 4th Quarter
- Updated: November 11, 2017
The Cleveland Cavaliers squeezed out a 111-104 victory over the Dallas Mavericks on Saturday night on the way to their sixth victory on the young season.
The Mavericks actually had a chance to cut their deficit to within two points late in the fourth quarter as rookie Dennis Smith Jr. drove to the hoop, however that effort proved to be futile, as he missed a point blank reverse layup.
— MavsHighlights (@MavsHighlights) November 12, 2017
On the following possession, as the Mavericks fouled Jeff Green with 28.9 seconds left on the clock, maybe the most significant moment of the game came for Smith Jr. as Cavs superstar LeBron James counseled the young rookie on how to attack the rim.
James has never been shy about giving advice to players on opposing teams, whether it be contemporaries or rookies just coming up in the NBA. With the four-time MVP paving the way for the rest of the league, the players seem to be in good hands for the foreseeable future.