- Larry Nance Jr. Claims All NBA Players Are Already ‘Out of Basketball Shape’
- Kevin Love Speculates How NBA Will Return for Rest of 2019-20 Season
- Report: Andre Drummond to Face Off Against DeMarcus Cousins in NBA 2K Tournament
- Larry Nance Jr.’s Hilarious Reason for Wanting to Resume Season Has Nothing to Do With Cavs
- Beth McLeod Touched by LeBron James’ Thoughts and Prayers
- Matthew Dellavedova Takes Playful Shot at Random Appearance of Cedi Osman
- Darius Garland Sends Somber Message Due to Lull in NBA Season
- Larry Nance Jr.: ‘I Have Zero Interest in Anything Basketball-Related Right Now’
- Report: Cavs’ Strength and Conditioning Trainers Keeping Team Ready
- Kyrie Irving Reveals Incredible Advice Kobe Bryant Gave Him Midway Through 2016 NBA Finals
Video: LeBron James Counsels Dennis Smith Jr. During 4th Quarter
- Updated: November 11, 2017
The Cleveland Cavaliers squeezed out a 111-104 victory over the Dallas Mavericks on Saturday night on the way to their sixth victory on the young season.
The Mavericks actually had a chance to cut their deficit to within two points late in the fourth quarter as rookie Dennis Smith Jr. drove to the hoop, however that effort proved to be futile, as he missed a point blank reverse layup.
— MavsHighlights (@MavsHighlights) November 12, 2017
On the following possession, as the Mavericks fouled Jeff Green with 28.9 seconds left on the clock, maybe the most significant moment of the game came for Smith Jr. as Cavs superstar LeBron James counseled the young rookie on how to attack the rim.
James has never been shy about giving advice to players on opposing teams, whether it be contemporaries or rookies just coming up in the NBA. With the four-time MVP paving the way for the rest of the league, the players seem to be in good hands for the foreseeable future.