- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Video: LeBron James Counsels Dennis Smith Jr. During 4th Quarter
- Updated: November 11, 2017
The Cleveland Cavaliers squeezed out a 111-104 victory over the Dallas Mavericks on Saturday night on the way to their sixth victory on the young season.
The Mavericks actually had a chance to cut their deficit to within two points late in the fourth quarter as rookie Dennis Smith Jr. drove to the hoop, however that effort proved to be futile, as he missed a point blank reverse layup.
— MavsHighlights (@MavsHighlights) November 12, 2017
On the following possession, as the Mavericks fouled Jeff Green with 28.9 seconds left on the clock, maybe the most significant moment of the game came for Smith Jr. as Cavs superstar LeBron James counseled the young rookie on how to attack the rim.
James has never been shy about giving advice to players on opposing teams, whether it be contemporaries or rookies just coming up in the NBA. With the four-time MVP paving the way for the rest of the league, the players seem to be in good hands for the foreseeable future.