- Disturbing photos emerge of Delonte West begging for money in Dallas
- Photos leaked of ‘hulked up’ Collin Sexton from Cavs minicamp
- Kevin Garnett schools LeBron James fans ‘who don’t know s–t’ about Cavs’ 2010 playoff collapse
- Report: Cavs source identifies several improvements in Darius Garland’s game
- Report: Cavs internally comparing Collin Sexton to Donovan Mitchell and Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Cavs will look for ‘defensive-minded players’ in NBA free agency
- Report: Cavs confidently view J.B. Bickerstaff as ‘head coach of the future’
- Cavs Rumors: Collin Sexton Looking ‘Monstrous’ and ‘Huge’ After Working on Body During Hiatus
- Here’s the Latest Update on ‘Mutual Interest’ Between Tristan Thompson and the Cavs
- Report: Darius Garland ‘Feels Snubbed and Disrespected’ by Exclusion From All-Rookie Teams
Video: LeBron James Counsels Dennis Smith Jr. During 4th Quarter
- Updated: November 11, 2017
The Cleveland Cavaliers squeezed out a 111-104 victory over the Dallas Mavericks on Saturday night on the way to their sixth victory on the young season.
The Mavericks actually had a chance to cut their deficit to within two points late in the fourth quarter as rookie Dennis Smith Jr. drove to the hoop, however that effort proved to be futile, as he missed a point blank reverse layup.
— MavsHighlights (@MavsHighlights) November 12, 2017
On the following possession, as the Mavericks fouled Jeff Green with 28.9 seconds left on the clock, maybe the most significant moment of the game came for Smith Jr. as Cavs superstar LeBron James counseled the young rookie on how to attack the rim.
James has never been shy about giving advice to players on opposing teams, whether it be contemporaries or rookies just coming up in the NBA. With the four-time MVP paving the way for the rest of the league, the players seem to be in good hands for the foreseeable future.