- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
- Video: Cavs big man seen getting schooled by WNBA star in 1-on-1 matchup
Cam Newton Says LeBron James Is Better Than Stephen Curry
- Updated: June 10, 2016
Cam Newton of the NFL’s Carolina Panthers made his remarks about the two players during a Thursday radio appearance in Charlotte, NC. He noted that he was recently queried by someone about whether Curry was the best player.
“A person asked me, ‘Well, is Steph Curry the best basketball player on the planet?'” Newton said. “I said, ‘No.’ I said, ‘Steph Curry is the best basketball player on the best team on the planet.'”
Newton then went on to explain his reasoning for choosing James.
“I still think LeBron is (the best player). He’s 6-7, athletic, can do anything on the court. But LeBron is not on the best team. Going back to what I was saying, the power of team will always be better than the power of skill.”
Newton’s current popularity within the Charlotte community isn’t likely to be threatened by his opinion, even though Curry remains popular himself, having grown up in the area.
With regard to MVP awards, James leads Curry 4-2, having also been named MVP of the NBA Finals twice. In the latter category, Curry is still seeking his first award, with his current performance not putting him in line to capture it.