- Kendrick Perkins Takes Jab at Kyrie Irving Replacing Pau Gasol as NBPA Vice President
- Cavs Rumors: J.B. Bickerstaff Expected to Replace Head Coach John Beilein
- Report: John Beilein Has Become ‘Unhappy’ and ‘Miserable’ as Cavs Head Coach
- Report: John Beilein Expected to Step Down as Cavs Head Coach
- Video: Kevin Love Shares Powerful Words About Depression Alongside Barack Obama
- Darius Garland Being Compared to Stephen Curry and Damian Lillard
- Video: Collin Sexton Seen Putting in Additional Work in After 2020 Rising Stars Game
- Dwyane Wade Says He Felt Like a ‘Zombie’ During His Stint on Cavs
- Report: Cavs Player Believes Andre Drummond Gives Team ‘Championship-Level Frontcourt’
- Tristan Thompson Says LeBron James Has ‘Worst Diet Ever’ and ‘Eats Like S—‘
Cavs News: Collin Sexton to Replace Tyler Herro in NBA Rising Stars Game
- Updated: February 11, 2020
NBA Rising Stars roster update: Cleveland’s Collin Sexton is replacing Miami’s Tyler Herro on the U.S. team.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) February 11, 2020
Herro is currently dealing with an ankle injury that he suffered during the Heat’s game on Feb. 3, which has kept him out of action the past two contests.
For Sexton, the eighth overall pick of the 2019 NBA Draft, it will mark the first time that he’s competed in the event. During his rookie campaign last season, Sexton’s slow start resulted in his being snubbed during the selection process.
The Heat drafted Herro with the 13th overall pick last June and in 46 games, the rookie has averaged 13.1 points, 4.0 rebounds and 2.0 assists per game.
This season, Sexton is averaging 19.7 points, 3.2 rebounds and 2.6 assists per game and has started every game for the Cavaliers. The durable Sexton also saw action in every game for the Cavs last season.
The 2020 edition of the NBA Rising Stars Game will be held on Friday night in United Center and will be televised by TNT. The contest will pit a team of young American NBA players against international players playing in the league.
Sexton is hoping to deliver a solid performance in his first appearance in the game. Last season, he used the snub to deliver a strong conclusion to his rookie year.