- Luka Doncic Pays Cedi Osman Ultimate Compliment After Rising Stars Challenge
- LeBron James Reveals Why Kyrie Irving’s Recent Phone Call Meant So Much to Him
- Rodney Hood Explains Why Playing in Cleveland Was So Rough Last Season
- Report: Former Cavs GM to Be ‘Likely Target’ in New Orleans Pelicans’ Search
- LeBron James Offers Huge Praise for Zion Williamson
- Report: Dan Gilbert Talked to Certain Cavs Players After Wednesday’s Loss to Brooklyn Nets
- Collin Sexton Takes Slight Jab at New York Knicks’ Kevin Knox
- Cavs Teammates Rave About ‘Hotheaded’ Marquese Chriss
- Scottie Pippen Takes Huge Shot at LeBron James in Comparison to Kobe Bryant
- Report: Cavs ‘Furious’ About Officiating Following Triple-Overtime Loss
Report: Cleveland Cavaliers Set New Timetable for Derrick Rose’s Return
- Updated: October 25, 2017
Though Cleveland Cavaliers point guard Derrick Rose is scheduled to miss his third consecutive game on Wednesday night against the Brooklyn Nets, there’s a possibility that Rose will return to action on Saturday night in a road clash against the New Orleans Pelicans.
Rose missed those games after suffering a sprained ankle during last Friday’s win over the Milwaukee Bucks. He landed awkwardly on the ensuing tumble, which took place after he was virtually clotheslined on a drive to the basket.
The absence of Rose will be magnified during the Nets game because veteran guard Dwyane Wade will also be siting out due to a bruised left knee. That injury took place after Wade banged his knee with that of a Chicago Bulls player in the Cavaliers’ 119-112 win on Tuesday night.
“We have a great medical staff,” Lue said. “Hopefully they can get it right and continue to keep him healthy and he can play more games than he’s played in a while. Just a freak accident I guess.”