- Report: Cavs Head Coach Larry Drew Has No Interest in Intentionally Tanking
- Report: Milwaukee Bucks Interested in Acquiring J.R. Smith
- Report: Kevin Love Not Planning to Miss Any More Games Following All-Star Break
- Channing Frye reveals his favorite youngster among promising Duke University trio
- Cavs Coach Compares Draft Prospect Zion Williamson to Hall of Famer
- Report: Cavs Could Have 4 1st-Round Picks by June
- Kevin Durant’s response when asked if he thinks LeBron James is still NBA’s greatest
- Khloe Kardashian Breaks Up With Tristan Thompson After He Allegedly Cheats With Jordyn Woods
- Report: There’s ‘Internal Belief’ That Winning Basketball Could Be Coming Soon for Cavs
- Kirk Cousins Explains Why He ‘Totally Understands’ Why LeBron James Left Cavs
Cavs Rumors: Sources Say There’s ‘Decent Chance’ Cavs Cut Richard Jefferson
- Updated: October 12, 2017
Windy: "There is a decent chance that Richard is going to be let go…" WOW
— Aaron Goldhammer (@HammerNation19) October 12, 2017
Earlier this month, it was reported that the Cavs contacted other teams regarding the possibility of trading Jefferson over to them, and according to Windhorst, the team is still looking for potential suitors. That’s because trading the veteran would save the team cap money, as opposed to outright cutting him.
— ESPN Cleveland (@ESPNCleveland) October 12, 2017
It is no secret that the Cavs have a ton of depth heading into the 2017-18 NBA regular season, so Jefferson might be one of the odd men out.
The 37-year-old Jefferson, who is about to enter his 17th season in the league after he was drafted 13th overall in the 2001 NBA Draft, played in 79 contests for the Cavs last season and averaged 5.7 points in 20.4 minutes per game.