- Report: Teams Were Asking Cavs to Give Them Money for Trouble of Trading for Kevin Love
- J.B. Bickerstaff Says Cavs Will Give Kevin Porter Jr. Heavy Workload After All-Star Break
- Former Michigan Player Defends John Beilein, Destroys Cavs Players for Not Valuing Winning
- Kevin Love Explains Why John Beilein’s a ‘Real Man’ Despite His Departure
- Cavs Rumors: John Beilein Treated His Players Like ‘Dictator’
- Report: Cavs Reassigning John Beilein to Different Role Within Organization
- Report: Cavs May Try to Trade Andre Drummond This Summer
- Report: Cavs Players Began Blasting ‘Thuggish Ruggish Bone’ and ‘Thugz Mansion’ in Front of John Beilein
- Report: John Beilein Expected to Forfeit Nearly $20M to Leave Cavs Coaching Job
- Collin Sexton Says His Game Has Improved in ‘Every Aspect’ Since Entering NBA
Cavs Rumors: Sources Say There’s ‘Decent Chance’ Cavs Cut Richard Jefferson
- Updated: October 12, 2017
Windy: "There is a decent chance that Richard is going to be let go…" WOW
— Aaron Goldhammer (@HammerNation19) October 12, 2017
Earlier this month, it was reported that the Cavs contacted other teams regarding the possibility of trading Jefferson over to them, and according to Windhorst, the team is still looking for potential suitors. That’s because trading the veteran would save the team cap money, as opposed to outright cutting him.
— ESPN Cleveland (@ESPNCleveland) October 12, 2017
It is no secret that the Cavs have a ton of depth heading into the 2017-18 NBA regular season, so Jefferson might be one of the odd men out.
The 37-year-old Jefferson, who is about to enter his 17th season in the league after he was drafted 13th overall in the 2001 NBA Draft, played in 79 contests for the Cavs last season and averaged 5.7 points in 20.4 minutes per game.