- Report: Cavs have begun exploring trade options for JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs offer major update on when Darius Garland and Collin Sexton could return
- Andre Drummond offers powerful message of support after Kevin Porter Jr. rejoins Cavs
- Former Cavs big man emphatically predicts team will trade Andre Drummond
- Report: Cavs-Wizards matchups on Sunday and Monday postponed due to COVID-19
- Report: Cavs received calls for Andre Drummond and JaVale McGee in aftermath of Jarrett Allen trade
- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
Cavs Rumors: Sources Say There’s ‘Decent Chance’ Cavs Cut Richard Jefferson
- Updated: October 12, 2017
Windy: "There is a decent chance that Richard is going to be let go…" WOW
— Aaron Goldhammer (@HammerNation19) October 12, 2017
Earlier this month, it was reported that the Cavs contacted other teams regarding the possibility of trading Jefferson over to them, and according to Windhorst, the team is still looking for potential suitors. That’s because trading the veteran would save the team cap money, as opposed to outright cutting him.
— ESPN Cleveland (@ESPNCleveland) October 12, 2017
It is no secret that the Cavs have a ton of depth heading into the 2017-18 NBA regular season, so Jefferson might be one of the odd men out.
The 37-year-old Jefferson, who is about to enter his 17th season in the league after he was drafted 13th overall in the 2001 NBA Draft, played in 79 contests for the Cavs last season and averaged 5.7 points in 20.4 minutes per game.