- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
- Video: Cavs big man seen getting schooled by WNBA star in 1-on-1 matchup
Cavs Rumors: Sources Say There’s ‘Decent Chance’ Cavs Cut Richard Jefferson
- Updated: October 12, 2017
Windy: "There is a decent chance that Richard is going to be let go…" WOW
— Aaron Goldhammer (@HammerNation19) October 12, 2017
Earlier this month, it was reported that the Cavs contacted other teams regarding the possibility of trading Jefferson over to them, and according to Windhorst, the team is still looking for potential suitors. That’s because trading the veteran would save the team cap money, as opposed to outright cutting him.
— ESPN Cleveland (@ESPNCleveland) October 12, 2017
It is no secret that the Cavs have a ton of depth heading into the 2017-18 NBA regular season, so Jefferson might be one of the odd men out.
The 37-year-old Jefferson, who is about to enter his 17th season in the league after he was drafted 13th overall in the 2001 NBA Draft, played in 79 contests for the Cavs last season and averaged 5.7 points in 20.4 minutes per game.